b.f.goodrich badged schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
very nice, all original schwinn. i just picked it up. i think it will clean up fine. little surface rust on the chrome. its missing the tank and the rear rack jewel. everything else is there. paid a little more than im used to but i think $150 was fair.

Just stripped it to bare frame, by far one of the easiest I've done. Not one stuck bolt. I think the burgundy paint still has a lot of shine left. The pin stripes are still dark and solid. So far I'm very impressed.

Nice bike with lots potential. It should clean up nicely, hopefully with a little elbow grease you can get some shine and pop back into that paint. I see burgundy and white tanks on ebay fairly often, but they never seem to for less than $150. I think it would be worth it though to try and find a tank.

Can you see marks on the frame where a tank rubbed? It might not have had a tank. With tank, model B607, without tank, model B507. The B507 usually didn't have a rack either. The rims look like S2's and the truss rods are the thinner 3/8" size so that puts it somewhere around 1950. What's the serial number? They don't get much better than that for $150. 8) Gary

Latest posts

Back