Awww

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After welding, I noticed something. The bike looked kinda...short. So I checked the wheelbase and... 45inches. The wheelbase was supposed to be 52 inches. This meant, awww sh... So, I cut, grinded, beveled, and welded in 7 inches the top tube. It did not turn out too bad besides welder problems and me not being able to feel my feet:

If I can tell you anything, keeping this things aligned without clamps and magnets for the jig is a mother. Tomorrow, the down tube, drop loop, and engine mounts go in.

Quick update; I was looking at the bike and I noticed that the alignment was off. So, I tried to fix it and...
IMG_20150105_232045_zps0ua6ffx6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150105_232045_zps0ua6ffx6.jpg

Awwwww sh...

I know, I have been keeping yall in the dark on the build, well, it's time to come to the light. I went away from that monstrosity of a bike/custom tube frame hybrid to a full custom tube frame. In other words, I started all the way over, but the results are awesome. I'm not even done building and people are asking how old is the bike! Well here are the pictures. My facebook friends has named it bike of the year, but its still not done yet (and yes, I made my own crank.) I will post pictures and an explanation on how I got to this point later.

Not really. The plan was to sit the engine in the drop loop but, the fell through. So, now I have to do some sculpting to the loop.

Hi, everyone. Here is the updates: the bike is done, its very fast , and I have won multiple trophies with it, beating out other cars and motorcycles in some cases! The only major thing is that I ended up using my predator engine instead of the briggs.

I am still building bikes, im working on my steam car right now and Im trying to sell this monster to start building the steam car.

Latest posts

Back