Australia made sears bikes QUESTION????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these worth buying and fixing up to resell? do they have collector value?

like one similar to this
tyty-1.jpg

They are worth about as much as their Raleigh contemporaries. Although be careful since some of them have Sachs torpedo 3 speeds, which are not interchangeable with sturmey archer anything (and parts like shifters are near impossible to find in the U.S.) - so make sure nothing is missing.

so if its all original it is worth buying? the guy said its a 3 speed and it shifts thru all gears, i just know nothing about these bikes

If it was cheap I'd buy it but I'd cap it at $50 max. Any more than that and it wouldn't be worth my time. Also check out the tires, if they are not like new or they are flat talk him down! Budget another $40 for tires and tubes. You might get $100 out of it so profit margin is slim already, I have a nice Schwinn 10 speed with brand new tires and tubes on C-list right now for $125 and it isn't selling too fast.

Do you mean Austrailia or Austria?

I have seen the 3 & 10 speed Sears bikes from there but what about middleweight/beach cruisers because I have only seen one for sale around here?

kngtmat said:
Do you mean Austrailia or Austria?

I have seen the 3 & 10 speed Sears bikes from there but what about middleweight/beach cruisers because I have only seen one for sale around here?

Austria. The Daimler/Puch/Steyr collective made those bikes for Sears, with Puch building the 3 speed touring bikes. There were some W. German built ballooners built in 1956, due to a US strike presumably at Murray. In the 60s, there were also canti framed middleweights that were a cross between an american mw and a Euro touyring bike. -Adam

Latest posts

Back