Auction Time is upon us

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last auction I went to had a really rough Black Phantom. I figured it was worth $150 with the parts that were left. It went for $375. I see stuff at auctions go for more than you can get one for on ebay. Around here, auctions seem to make people do silly things with their money. I'll pass. Gary

Missed one a couple weekends ago that had a rollfast listed but figure it went high since they named it in the listing, but theres another coming up this weekend and in the listing all it says is 2 old bikes down in the misc part of the listing so im hoping alot of people over looked that.

american picker syndrome....
seems every one has it these days, they think the bikes are worth their weight in gold....but they don't put into consideration the hours spent making that rusty, junky bike into what is a ride able piece of art, work......whatever you wanna name it......

Once in a while I have got lucky at estate sales way out in the middle of nowhere or getting there beforehand and buying before the auction.

haha thats where I am in the middle of no where, Knowing how the auctioneer is I know theres no presales once its posted :( but between all the other collectables and antiques I hoe everyones to junk drunk by the time they get to the bikes that they miss out on them

dragnusa said:
Heading off to my first auction of the year, hoping to score a couple bikes and a pedal car. wish me luck

Good luck, hope you drag home an Elgin Bluebird, a Roadmaster Luxury liner, a twin flex, and a classic stingray in NOS condition.

Back