Auction score!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Won this yesterday with an absentee bid, I was pretty much the only bidder from what it seemed:cool: The Morrow hub is stamped 36 so I would assume 1936, does everyone agree? Paint is super nice! Badged as a Supplee Biddle (hardware store in Philadelphia) but pretty sure this is a Cleveland Welding double bar roadster with aftermarket guard and rack. Troxel seat in amazing condition, my best original paint find from this era. What's the deal with the lights in the back? I think they're glass, but they aren't wired to anything. Someone took care of this one!

WOW!!!!

First of all, AWESOME!!! The chainring is more 38ish, but still CWC. The 36 on the hub is for 36 spokes, the Morrow date code is a letter and #, my list says F is '36, but I don't know how accurate it is. Something like F 4 would be the 4th quarter of 36, if my list is right. -Adam

First of all, AWESOME!!! The chainring is more 38ish, but still CWC. The 36 on the hub is for 36 spokes, the Morrow date code is a letter and #, my list says F is '36, but I don't know how accurate it is. Something like F 4 would be the 4th quarter of 36, if my list is right. -Adam

Yes.. I think it's 1937 now. The serial starts with a letter B and someone on the cabe said that would be '37

Very nice find. Could you share how much your final bid was?

I don't care about the final bid...I just want to know the name of the auction house where only one person bids on a bike like that! I'd keep in touch with that place if I were you. Super bike. The seat is so nice it looks recovered. Gary

I don't care about the final bid...I just want to know the name of the auction house where only one person bids on a bike like that! I'd keep in touch with that place if I were you. Super bike. The seat is so nice it looks recovered. Gary

And no buyers premium at that:cool2: I didn't realize that, so my absentee bid was based on adding around 15% on top of my top dollar and I was totally shocked that I got the bike for what I did. I'll just say I paid less than what the seat is worth. Any day you can buy a bike for less than the worth of one part is a great day!

Great score! The paint, seat and accessories on that are in amazing condition wow. Congratulations on that one, very happy for you!

Back