Attempted Burrito

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing all of the Burritos on this site, it has made me want to try and build one of my own. This is similar to the bike that I started with, but I pulled mine from the dumpster. I'm using the front wheel on another bike, the shock was used on my Sledgehammer build, and the handlebars went on yet another bike. The light green lines show the sections where I cut the frame apart.

mgx_cuts2.jpg

I didn't have batteries for my camera during the first part of the build, so the picture below is after I had already completed some of the work. I removed the shock, moved the pieces around and welded this to serve as the main portion of my frame.

100_2656.jpg

I really need a frame jig and some better tools, but I guess that this is part of building a burrito.

100_2660.jpg

My bike stand was as low as it would go, so I had to move everything else up. Also, this is the most use that I've gotten out of my bicycle trainer now that I am getting old and fat.

100_2661.jpg

I didn't like the look of a straight shot for the top tube, although I did like the large diameter of this tube.

100_2667.jpg

I really wish that I had a pipe bender, but the straight lenghts with welded transitions are good enough since everything else is that way.

100_2668.jpg

I stole the handlebars off of my daughter's bike and had the bike pose by the dumpster from whence it came.

100_2673_mod.jpg

The back wheel, cranks and lower part of the frame all came off of the bike that was cut up. The steer tube and part of the down tube came from my skate bike. The front wheel came from my neighbor who ran it over with his truck. The front fork came from the cruiser bike my brother gave me. The handlebars came from my daughter's bike and the top tube was a closet rod that I replaced in my basement.

100_2674_mod.jpg

Anyways, I'm not sure I'll finish this bike. I have way too much rake in the front end. It looks cool, but the front tire flops and it is hard to ride around. I'll probably build one for the kids now.

thats a great build. I luv a Burrito. If it were me, I'd finnish it and learn how to ride it. even my El Thunder takes a little bit to learn. it only gets better. stay with it, they are so much fun to ride.

Outlaw 8)

Back