Atlas Industrial

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this atlas industrial cruiser 1 year or so ago. When i first bought it I turned it into a strandie with bmx forks, bars etc. it was fun but i got bored with it pretty fast. I’ve used most of the parts for other projects so the frame has been kicking around here for a while.

With a bunch of spare time on my hands i decided to build it up with some leftover parts laying around the shop. Drive train and forks are from a 1941 cwc. Saddle and stem are leftovers, bars are original. Tires are new that i bought for another project.

I’ve never been a huge fan of cantilever frames so i cut the tubes off and replaced them with an old piece of hammock frame that had a few old paint jobs on it ( which fit the theme of my paint job quite well). I wanted the frame to tie in with the vintage parts so i gave it a fauxtina rattle can job. Its full of runs, wrinkles, chips and scratches.

Welded it last weekend, painted it yesterday, put it together and test rode it today. Rides pretty good, brake sucks but i knew that going into this project. Rear wheel needs some attention soon but otherwise pretty happy with how it turned out.
bd726c53b7abecc7be5c9583e8a73f32.jpg
27789deab5b3256d37b955561e599d42.jpg
bc143ca923d4a3bd7171aebaaa5a7b13.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool build! I’ve got one of those fat bottom bar cantilever frames that I picked years ago, but I didn’t know what it was.
It looks just like that one, but it had no identifying markings on it.

Cool build! I’ve got one of those fat bottom bar cantilever frames that I picked years ago, but I didn’t know what it was.
It looks just like that one, but it had no identifying markings on it.

Thanks! This thing has some sort of serial # buried in paint but no other identifying marks other than the original decals. It's pretty heavy and seems well built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back