@~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Finished...For now

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/1 Badge Art Opinion

Nice bike Joe :shock: I like the one on the right :wink:

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/14 Update - Gettin' There

Got the front end back on and working on stem, bars and seat. Lots of decisions to make, but the one I did make was that I am going with the Shelby badge. I got it at Trexlertown and it cleaned up great. The light setup will partially block the head tube so i did not want to incur the expense of a new headbadge, so I am going to go with just a seat tube badge.

Joe

ASDec14a.jpg

ASDec14b.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/19 Seat done!

The "Atomic Snake" gets a signature seat pan. Have to say that in all the bikes I have built this one has fought me the most. Every step of the way I think I get something done and something else crops up. Well, it is getting closer to being done.

Seatpan1.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/19 Seat done!

What a dork I am! I was so looking at the ribs,shape and patina that it took me a minute to see the "AS" drilled in. Nice touch.

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/21 Bars n' Stem

I decided to go with a vintage 30's motobike stem that has almost all its original nickel plating and the bars are from???? the pile of handle bars from the back room. i honestly have no idea where they came from. Got the fork and front fender all wet sanded down to bare metal. i started on the controls, but lost steam as I have to pull the chainguard off and I need to get a couple of Euro twin cable clamps from the LBS used pile of parts.

barsnstem1.jpg

barsnstem2.jpg

barsnstem3.jpg

barsnstem4.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/22 All hooked up!

Cables have been hooked up, hub adjusted, brake adjusted, I had to change the bars as theones I had on there were bent. I used a wider set of the same bars and it was a good thing as I get more room for my knees when I pedal.

Cables1.jpg

Cables2.jpg

Cables3.jpg

Cables4.jpg

Re: @~"\@ At@mic Snake @~"\@ Update 12/22 All hooked up!

As always, an awesome build, Joe, and a pleasure to sit back and watch develop. More specifically, this is a really cool looking pic! I love these close up shots! Someone ought to put together an album of just random "artsy" close ups like this; perhaps as a thread in the gallery. Moderators? :D

Cables4.jpg

Finished this one up, took it for a quick spin after 22 inches of snow a day earlier it was 30 and sunny and little snow left on the street. The 8 speed, 22 tooth rear sprocket with 52 front provides a very wide ratio of gears good for climbing and cruising. Wide bars leave lots of room for the knees and a relatively upright riding position. Summer? Where are you? 8)

ASnake1.jpg

ASnake2.jpg

ASnake3.jpg

ASnake4.jpg

ASnake5.jpg

ASnake6.jpg

Another GREAT Joe bike! You've got style....So this is your "Next to LAST build"? I hope not.

Back