Areo-Fast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting....you weren't kidding about the price. :shock:

2500_lg.jpg

2501_lg.jpg

2503_lg.jpg

2506_lg.jpg

2507_lg.jpg

They seem to produce several industrial products.

This is a cool looking cruiser that they produce. An Emory Mojave Cruiser...

BLUE_M~1.jpg

Very nice looking bike, and they do have the bicycle history and engineering behind the founding members. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but I'm sure you get what you pay for(US made) compared to the cheap overseas re-pop. I would love to see detailed pics and and size specs on their components.

Aerofast is right here in Jax. I've had more than a few Emory bikes, and I have one in the stable now, a Super DeLuxe from the 70's when they started out. They bought up Snyder's stuff and the first Emorys were hand built like the Aerofast bikes are now. It is on par with a worksman frame. After that, to stay profitable, they had to produce bikes more cheaply. They had "robot built" bikes for years, I've got a photo of a cruiser I traded for my wife's trike. I wasn't very impressed with that bike. I found another Snyder Rollfast style Emory, women's that recently went to a friend of the wife. She loves the bike, it's got a good paint finish and it has style. It is a match to my Super DeLuxe. You can't get quality that good today, maybe with a Worksman. They are pricey, but they can't compete with the bikes from China and they have to make a profit. Emory's industrial bikes in the 80's were very crude, heavy and didn't have much style to the frames. But they were and are American made. I considered working there when I received a hardship discharge from the Navy in 1993, but I needed to support a family, so low wages and long hours wouldn't have worked. As a teenager, I would have loved that job, and I would still be there today.

I emailed the company for info on my bike, and got responses from Emory Smith himself, the grandson of the founder. That's where I got the info on the Snyder information.

18dqbm.jpg

2ds0490.jpg

2hec86r.jpg

mb1hqd.jpg

2qmmbed.jpg

291hzxt.jpg

2z8vlhh.jpg

vyv9zl.jpg

By coincidence, I was just looking at their website last night. I ran across it a couple of years ago while looking for industrial bike manufacturers. I suspect they drop those prices some on industrial orders, or else Worksman can ship bikes into Florida cheaper than what Emory could build them for there.

Another outfit that does this is Mohawk, think they're up north somewhere. I know Worksman is more popular in the northeast, and I assume these industrial bike companies are all sort of regional due to freight costs on those bikes.

It looks like Emory might be geared up, mentally, to do more custom work than Worksman.

Emory has that one bike with the big rigid basket on the frame, and I think that is a pretty cool design.

I would suspect that, like Worksman, they buy most of the small parts, so that Springer fork is probably something you can just buy, rather than being an Emory part.

im pretty sure these are the guys that made the western flyer and columbia repop bikes that got pumped out in the 90s

CCR said:
im pretty sure these are the guys that made the western flyer and columbia repop bikes that got pumped out in the 90s

http://www.aerofast.com/aerofast/history.html

"In 1990 we were approached by Western Auto to become the successor to the Columbia Bicycle Company as the manufacturer of the Western Flyer "Circa 1950's" line of bicycles. The newest Western Flyer was inspired by Mr. Steven's original design, a version of which we market today as the "new" Aero-Fast, sporting new colors and (nearly a half a century later) a logo designed by Mr. Stevens himself. "

lol, i remember stumbling upon aerofast a few times in the past, i think those prices were put up there when balloon tire tank bikes were harder to find and going for alot more

looks like an aero-fast to me

384_1.jpg

Bump for a cool thread about Emory Aerofast bikes.
I hadn't seen this one before.

Latest posts

Back