Are my prices out of line?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I cant be sure of the economic climate up there. But maybe people up there have no sense of cool. In seriousness though, a couple of those bikes are very unique compared to the average generic stingray mentality that seems somewhat prevalent on CL. Sometimes people fear what they do not understand.

While I wish prices were lower everywhere....you are not out of line.
People buying bikes want new for $89.98
Rideable, not projects.
My wife had a couple drag out a &25.00 sale of a rideable for an hour so they could haggle $5.00
When she started going up, not down they bought!

Thanks guys, I didn't think I was too far off. The project I normally just list it and edit it as I work on it but my price goes up as I do. I have had a few people actually buy a half finished bike just for something to ride. And I have had people buy a complete bike only to tear it down for parts so I know there are bike guys like me out there. Probably like me they don't have the cash to pay a fair price for quality bikes but want top dollar for theirs.

Oh well, like I said in my one add for the Ross Apollo anything lower than my asking price and it'll go in MY private collection. :wink: As I always say I never buy a bike I will regret KEEPING. :mrgreen:

I am in western MA which is a huge biking area. I've come to find that Vintage road bikes sell fast here, with tons of hipsters, 5 colleges and paved bike trails connecting it all. But when ever I list muscle bikes or BMX, especially if they are worth more than $120 they sit. Even mountain bikes sit if they have no suspension, no matter how nice.

Fisch said:
I am in western MA which is a huge biking area. I've come to find that Vintage road bikes sell fast here, with tons of hipsters, 5 colleges and paved bike trails connecting it all. But when ever I list muscle bikes or BMX, especially if they are worth more than $120 they sit. Even mountain bikes sit if they have no suspension, no matter how nice.

Yeah that seems to be the case here too, we got lots of colleges too but I normally don't mess with road bikes unless I score them super cheap and they don't need much because I don't ride them, as far as the muscle bikes go I buy them up because I like them and like I say I never buy a bike I will regret keeping so I can care less if it sells or not.

Not many kids want to build a bike unless they've been introduced to it by a friend or family member. They'd rather go to the store and buy one off the rack or just "acquire" it by other means. Kokomo might be a little far to drive from the Indy area for a $25 bike that needs a lot of money put into it. They'll burn $25 in gas to get there and back. I don't think your prices are bad Joe. I think your market is a tougher and smaller one.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Not many kids want to build a bike unless they've been introduced to it by a friend or family member. They'd rather go to the store and buy one off the rack or just "acquire" it by other means. Kokomo might be a little far to drive from the Indy area for a $25 bike that needs a lot of money put into it. They'll burn $25 in gas to get there and back. I don't think your prices are bad Joe. I think your market is a tougher and smaller one.

Yeah seems like I get the dedicated ones though, had a guy drive from CHICAGO 3 hours one way to pick up a $90 low rider bike. He said he was gonna PART IT OUT. :lol: Funny thing is for the money he spent in fuel and the money for the bike he could have spent $200 and got one NEW.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-20-Lowrider ... 4cee14a28a

Chips_Mahoy said:
We all have our quirks....
I just wish more of those quirks put money in my pocket... :mrgreen:

Maybe he had other goals to achieve in your area or on the way. I often combine roadtrips to kill two birds with one stone.

outskirtscustoms said:
Chips_Mahoy said:

Yeah seems like I get the dedicated ones though, had a guy drive from CHICAGO 3 hours one way to pick up a $90 low rider bike. He said he was gonna PART IT OUT. :lol: Funny thing is for the money he spent in fuel and the money for the bike he could have spent $200 and got one NEW.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-20-Lowrider ... 4cee14a28a

Latest posts

Back