Apes or No Apes????? Please help can't decide!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love this bike the way it is but I just had a vision of it with apes. So does the bike look like its crying for it to have apes on it or should I leave it kind of the board tracker style?
IMG_1315_zpsdc246e7e.jpg

IMG_1316_zps79b25173.jpg

IMG_1320_zps13b50791.jpg

IMG_1319_zps37105530.jpg

To me it depends on how it handles. I don't like flipped bars that come down that far. But I also think apes would be awkward on that bike as they would look too narrow. I personally would flip a set of black low-rise mtb bars. Another option might be wide low-rise apes

I don't think apes would be a good choice on that bike. Nice looking bike, good luck on picking the right bars.

As an Iowa Hawkeye fan I say add some yellow accent parts to that bike to give it that Hawk flair and it would be perfect regardless of the bars you decide! :21::rofl:

All kidding aside... I do not think you could go wrong with any bars on that! It is a great looking ride. If it were me I would stick with the boardy styling.

Try them out. I like apes, I put a set on my typhoon and just wasn't crazy about it. The apes I had aren't really what I had in mind. They are the ones with the grips pointing back. I wanted wide bars with the grips pointing out. I don't feel like buying more bars I might not like, so I'm turning into a clunker.

Ive been trying to avoid straight bars as much as possible…I just don't like the look of them at all, too boring in my opinion, I do like those soma bars but they're almost identical. Im still probably gunna throw some apes on it and just see how she looks. I can always take them off, thats the fun! Thanks for everyones help

Maybe a big wide set of black apes? Or use a couple extra stems and have a few sets of bars you can change out in a minute depending on the occasion.

If you do a lot of riding apes is the way to go... The bike looks awesome... That picture of the bike in the doorway is a good candidate for the calendar photo contest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Im actually thinking about two others if u guys would wanna help pick which one i should enter!
If you do a lot of riding apes is the way to go... The bike looks awesome... That picture of the bike in the doorway is a good candidate for the calendar photo contest...

anks

Both great shots... I think if you pull the bike forward a couple of feet in front of the doorway to put more focus on the bike detail & use that awesome doorway as the background you got a winner...

Back