Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off 01"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" Build thread.

Wow! I go to sleep for a few hours and you guys went nuts! Some awesome stuff there!
Rich, those dropout are way cool, matches the rest of the bike! That bike really is looking like a $2000 custom built machine from a high end builder, awesome stuff! 8)
Terry, loving the apes and that sissy bar! Your machine is a true one of a kind masterpiece! :wink:
Everyone is bringing thier "A" game to the build off! We are going to make it hard for them to vote! :mrgreen:

Glad you like the wheels guys, They are growing on me too.
Here is a photo of the dual drive cranks I did last night, still need to find two matching chainrings in my stash to fit up...

DSC00252 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Luke.

Oh man Luke. That dual drive is straight ANGRY lookin'! I can't wait to see chain run.

bigfatcat said:
Oh man Luke. That dual drive is straight ANGRY lookin'! I can't wait to see chain run.
Neither can I! :mrgreen: Hope it works... :roll:

Luke.

Hey Luke, totally sick, dual drive while completely impractical from all engineering aspects is Totally Cool! from every esthetic viewpoint! Nice way to go.

As for mine, the devil is in the details, and I am ashamed to admit that is where it falters badly... but with experience that will become less an issue...

I want to put spiderwebs all over this build thanks to Terry's idea... but that is Terry's idea and I don't want to duplicate it :lol: but when the buildoff is done, its gonnan look like a haunted house attic :)

Nice that everyone lives in different timezones and has varied schedules, its like 24 hour TV :)

back to work for me.

Rich

RichL said:
Nice that everyone lives in different timezones and has varied schedules, its like 24 hour TV :)
:wink: Yeah, that is pretty cool! 8)

Luke.

Not much progress happening today, what with all the romanticizin' to do. Either way what ugly black spiderweb bike would be complete without a coffin shaped skateboard framed nanner seat?! Hopefully I'll be able to grab a leather jacket cheap from the thrift store tomorrow and get to covering.
photo2.jpg

Doh! Well you still can. It's not like it hasn't been done before. This is my first attempt with a deck so who knows what it'll look like.

bigfatcat said:
Not much progress happening today, what with all the romanticizin' to do. Either way what ugly black spiderweb bike would be complete without a coffin shaped skateboard framed nanner seat?! Hopefully I'll be able to grab a leather jacket cheap from the thrift store tomorrow and get to covering.
photo2.jpg

I like it Terry, I was thinking along the lines of a homemade bannana seat also. I have some leather remnants around here somewhere but I have to admit, I never thought in terms of an old leather jacket. I may hit a couple of the thift stores around here to see if there is anything good.

Good idea, thanks for that one!

Rich

No prob bud. I'm hoping for a motorcycle jacket for the thickness.

Hoping to use part of a skateboard on mine too! It wont be coffin shaped though, and it will depend if I can get what I need for the price I am willing to spend... :wink:

Luke.

hey luke love that bike. Will be interesting to see the dual drive set up. In the motorcycle world there is a thing called a sproter which is a combo drive sprocket and brake rotor. If u kept one (or both sides) a fixed gear and put the free wheel in the crank(s) u could make sproters for the rear. Plus it would be cool to coast and have the chain spinning like heck. Ok just crazy ideas i have with ur time and $$. Cheers Tim

froggy99 said:
hey luke love that bike. Will be interesting to see the dual drive set up. In the motorcycle world there is a thing called a sproter which is a combo drive sprocket and brake rotor. If u kept one (or both sides) a fixed gear and put the free wheel in the crank(s) u could make sproters for the rear. Plus it would be cool to coast and have the chain spinning like heck. Ok just crazy ideas i have with ur time and $$. Cheers Tim
Cool idea Tim!
I kind of wish you had not mentioned it though, thought of it back when I first started on the "FatBob" bike, decided not to use it on that or this one, but was saving it for another build... :wink:
All good, wouldn't mind if someone else gave it a go anyway... 8)

Luke.

A little bit of progress from today. I got a leather coat from the thrift store for 12 bucks. Nice soft worn in. Perfect. The photos are a little lacking but here she is.

I knew I kept a couple of memory foam chunks around for a reason.
image5.jpeg

Glued to the deck with a little shaping.
image6.jpeg

The victim.... Tis' but a scratch.
image4.jpeg

A little bit of glue and felt and there she be.
photo3.jpg

image3.jpeg

Nice work Terry! That looks nice and comfortable! 8)
I kind of feel like I am cheating using a bought seat for mine after seeing your awesome work. :wink:

No new updates for me yet, helped someone out welding under thier car on friday afternoon and my neck and back are still sore, going to try get something done this afternoon.

Luke.

Thanks dude! I racked my back up good as well lifting plate compactors today. The seat was nice and easy to build sitting down.

I can't believe how much I missed! :shock: 8)
Such really cool ideas and amazingly pulling them together!
Great lines in the frames and lots of innovative designs
Looking forward to visiting more often

Back