Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off 01"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anything goes "Muscle-Bike-Build-Off" Build thread.

IT HAS BEGUN
right well started drawing out today..
this is what i drew up..
i know it looks big but the second pic shows you whats it will be like.. just looks big
NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF001.jpg

this is more like how it will be..
NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF003.jpg

NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF002.jpg

NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF006.jpg

check out this tiny 12" wheel im using..
NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF010.jpg

and this old frame..
NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF008.jpg

sure i have some more parts around somewhere though... hmm...
NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF009.jpg

Did someone mention ?PROJECT?
NEWPROJECTMUSCLEBIKEBUILDOFF011.jpg

CHEERS,
Jake

Cool start Jake, that bike looks absolutely wicked! Really awesome front wheel, was hoping you would use that one, big and very little wheels!
Good job on finding a mini as a project too, brilliant cars, great way to learn driving too...

Luke. :D

No drawings for me. I am just going to wing it, but I will put up pics as I go.

everett's said:
No drawings for me. I am just going to wing it, but I will put up pics as I go.
Glad you are in Tim!
Pick yourself a font colour for your updates so people can follow along easier...
Looking forward to what you come up with!

Luke.

I got a good bit done tonight. No pics yet but they are coming. Scratch built frame, stretch, low, and krusty.

My health was not the best this morning so did not get anything done, but late this afternoon it picked up enough for me to do some pipe bending for the bike.

DSC00194 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr
And yes, they are meant to be different angles, they are all for different areas on the bike!

I took lots of photos while doing the bending and added a "How To" on using a cheap hydraulic pipe bender if anyone is interested.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68228

Moving along on the build! Cant actually do much more with the frame till I get my rear end sorted and can measure the width of the hub, so that is next on the list, well, either that or the forks... :mrgreen:

Luke.

P.S. Hope you all are having as much fun am I am! Looking forward to your updates! 8)

Looks like everyone is off to a good start. I pulled out my Firecat frame yesterday and laid it out on the pavers. I'm just not feeling it. The scale is all off, so I don't think I will be going with Kingfish Cat build. I have another idea that I may roll with a Schwinn Pixie. We'll see if I have time. For now I still cannot officially commit to this build off.
WP_000979.jpg

I may save the Spoiler fork for BO8 and roll with something like this.
WP_000980.jpg

cruiser2f.jpg

Ok I know its got a 26'' front wheel but I will be using different forks and front wheel. Not your everyday muscle bike either. Going for the pro-street muscle look.

I got in too late to work in the garage tonite, been following this whenever I could this weekend. I luv what I see, lowrider based "muscle" bikes! Cruiser based "muscle" bikes, handbuilt, customized... they are all here! No way of judging this one, but this is cool :D

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.... This is a great start! Very excited to see where this goes. Great job Jake and Luke getting this going!

rich

This is going really well! I think we are really exploring the boundries of what each different builders idea of a muscle bike is! Awesome! :mrgreen:

Kingfish, I think your right on your assesment of the frame, the second one would be cool for the big build off, if you do join us with your Pixie idea, that would be awesome too! It sounds great!

Tim, that frame has some real nice lines! Definatly watching your progress on this one!

Glad your back Rich, cant wait to see what you get up to! I hope you had a good trip and fun with the family... :D

Peatbog said:
This should be one of the most interesting build-offs ever seen by man...or animal for that matter. Maybe even fish. Okay, I digress. Carry on...

:mrgreen:

Luke.

Thanks guys. I still have a lot of work to do. I am going to build a tank in between the top tubes. I'm still considering apes, and a banana seat. I am really digging everyones builds. I think we have all covered the wide range of ''muscle bike''.

Just noticed your new tagline Kingfish!
"Flexy-Fugsley-Beer Run * SALE ITEMS, FRESH FINDS and other weird KINGFISH254 Stuff
MO FATTA MO BETTA - Check out the Muscle Bike Buildoff"

Cool! :mrgreen:

Got some work done today, gathered all the bits for the rear hub from a couple of mtn bikes, took a huge amount of work with a hammer and drift to get those freewheel mounts!

Then started on the rear wheel, this is the third one of these I have done now, glad to say this one is the best, flowed together really nicely, cant wait to see it with the tire mounted! :mrgreen:

Luke.

everett's said:
Thanks guys. I still have a lot of work to do. I am going to build a tank in between the top tubes. I'm still considering apes, and a banana seat. I am really digging everyones builds. I think we have all covered the wide range of ''muscle bike''.
Your bike will look awesome with a tank, and ape hangers along with your planned smaller front wheel will give it the muscle bike vibe! Don't know if you have room to fit a banana seat on there though... Might be better to leave it with a normal seat and make it a muscle bike crossed with a burrito! :mrgreen: Two of my favorite bike styles mashed together!

Luke.

P.s. If you are going pro street style have you thought about a wheelie bar and parachute? Check out one of my favorite muscle bikes: "Peatbog's" A/XC Eliminator bike...
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=60959 Might end up with a bar and 'chute on mine yet... :wink: (Thanks Peatbog for the ideas!)

LukeTheJoker said:
Oops, forgot the pic.

DSC00198 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Luke.

Is that a motorcycle rim? You dog! Great idea, I luv it, I could not tell what it was when I saw it on my little laptop, this big monitor from university I can see it though. Wow, you guys have some kik butt ideas going on!

rich

Back