Anyone seen one of these and/or its shifter before??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked this bike up from the scrap yard, it was pretty dirty but gave it a good bath, came out good took it for a spin and it works GREAT! super smooth...
I originally just wanted the shifter but ive decided to keep it as is for a road cruiser kinda hybrid build, swap some straight bars on it I got so many cruisers and choppers I figured this would be a cool "road" bike with a hot rod twist. what da ya think? got any info on this shifter? are they available? all I know is BRC's were a vancouver bc company that is no more.... the shifter is a shimano as well as all the other parts, brakes etc except the rims are araya's

Thanks Ty

SAM_0515.jpg

SAM_0516.jpg

SAM_0518.jpg

SAM_0517.jpg

The shifter is way cool. The rest of the bike has potential.

Cool that you saved it from the heap!

Shifters are a present hot item - 3&5 speed shifters are selling like hot cakes. I bought a "Grants" 3 speed complete bicycle for $50 off CL a couple years ago just to get the "All Metal" Shimano 3 speed stick shift that was matched up to a Shimano non-coaster brake hub. I have a Shimano 333 with coaster brake I can lace up into a wheel. Then I turned around and sold the bike without any shifter at a bike show. Plus with regular size tubing frames you can mount them anywhere, like the seat tube. Good score on the shifter!

Almost looks like a lawn mower throttle control......which gives me an idea for my new shifter. :idea: :mrgreen: :idea:

outskirtscustoms said:
Almost looks like a lawn mower throttle control......which gives me an idea for my new shifter. :idea: :mrgreen: :idea:

That is what it looks like. Do you have a pic of the shifter from the top, looking down at it?

firstyearchevelle said:
That is what it looks like. Do you have a pic of the shifter from the top, looking down at it?

yup... the second pic is....

it does kinda look like a lawnmower throttle. although it is way bigger then that. to me looks kinda like the hurst ratchet shifter in my Chevelle .

thanks :) yeah im still undecided what I want to do with this bike either leave it as is or make look like more of a hybrid either way i think its keepin its shifter :)

Guys, if you like this, I am in the process of fabbing a shifter you will love to have on your bike. Trying to become one of the first type of things, or along that line. Give me a little time to try and figure out a mounting system, placement alternatives (for flexiblity) and the proper scale.

Back