anyone know how to add shorter cranks to a 2007 walmart sting ray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3" cranks on bicycledesigner.com are all one piecers.... they will not fit the OP's bike.

Not to be pessimistically pragmatic, but it sounds like this bike fits your wife very poorly, if you're really going to need 3" cranks for it.
yeah I am thinking that as well it fits her every way but these dang crankarms I think I am just going to have my buddy shorten the originals and see how that goes. if I ruin the bike it is no big loss if anything I put an abomination out of it's misery lol

It looks like the best/smartest thing to go is to go with the shortest cranks from the link that Bicycle808 posted and if she still can't reach the pedals, get a 'laid forward' seat post made by slowriderz and use to move the seat forward. Those seats are notoriously uncomfortable anyway. For what it's worth, from experience, I know the stock seatpost can be used as a sleeve for mating the OCC seat tube to a standard Schwinn seat tube.
c1314da93052ff69f05595d9263a13f8.jpg

Good luck!

^^^ nice... you really think the og seat was uncomfortable? I didn't, but it was way too short for me...

It's a rear suspension freak now...

Carl.

Back