Anyone into Legos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is expecting with our first, so I'm hoping it will be my new, I mean my kids new addiction in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to post this exact thread about a week ago but chickened out.

Christmas 1978. I'm eleven and headed to my sister's for opening presents. I have been anticipating this day for months. First year for the Lego Expert Builder car...holy moly...functioning motor with pistons and crankshaft, working transmission, rack and pinion steering, adjustible seats etc...and hopefully i've got one there waiting on me...yes!!

853-1.jpg

I had it completely assembled by the time we headed home that evening. Best Christmas ever until this year when I asked my wife for this Lego F1 car.

8125061.jpg

Got her and the kid both Lego kits to do because I knew I'd be working on mine for a while.

xmas_zps95ff9c9f.jpg~original

After a few days I had to modify it into a more retro looking F1 car. Took me about a week but I finally got it the way I had it pictured. I shortened the wheelbase, re-did the exhaust, added some carbs to the top of the motor and took the hood lift mech from the original and made it into adjustible height suspension.

f1_zps900ba20b.jpg~original

f2_zps57a2adba.jpg~original

f3_zps15658470.jpg~original

Got this Lego van a few years ago. It's what they call a creator set. Has real fine resolution with lots and lots of really small Legos.

van1_zps14d0331f.jpg~original

The nose piece is really fun to assemble and it's the very last part in the instructions.

van2_zpsb9f79262.jpg~original

Thanks for dragging me out of the closet MIGZ. :21:

Cool I'm not alone in additon to bikes, legos technics has been a hobby since 2005 I'll have to take some pitctures and post.

Crummy part is im about to sell a good portion because with a growing family my lego room got turned into a baby room.

Last edited:
Back when I was little I loved Legos. Use to have my own city set up on 2 kitchen tables in my basement. Now they're all in boxes and buckets in the attic.

I have a medieval knights w skull pawns vs robots w alien pawns chess set we made and use... I've built custom zombie mimfigs before and also did robbie the robot and B9 (lost in space) my kids outgrew them but I always had more fun than they did I think...

Carl.

I was all into Lego, specially the "Technic" variety, the last one I bought in about '94/'95 (saved 6 months for, I remember it was somewhere in the region of $200) was set 8880, which was up until that point the biggest set made...

16166705220_77783a9f9c_z.jpg

4 wheel drive, 3 differentials, V8 mid mounted motor with working pistons, 4 speed gearbox that actually worked, 4 wheel steering, retractable lights, full independent suspension and many other features...

After that I moved into bikes...
After that I moved into cars...
After that I moved back into bikes and here we are... ;)

Luke.

crummy part is im about to see a good portion because with a growing family my lego room got turned into baby room

Lego room? Oh yeah let's see some pics.

I was all into Lego, specially the "Technic" variety, the last one I bought in about '94/'95 (saved 6 months for, I remember it was somewhere in the region of $200) was set 8880,

4 wheel drive, 3 differentials, V8 mid mounted motor with working pistons, 4 speed gearbox that actually worked, 4 wheel steering, retractable lights, full independent suspension and many other features...
Luke.

You too with the Legos Luke....excellent.....That looks like a killer one+ before they went to the mostly smooth beams. Didn't know that was 4wd.

The lego room became my sons room but here are a few pics. I have also taken some to my office and have some cars stuffed under the bed.

These will all soon be on eBay, good thing is that lego appreciate in value after the sets are retired.

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

When I was younger I had like 4-5 5gal buckets full. I never kept anything "box stock" for long, and quickly dismantled it to build random creations. My best was a robot with 2 or 3 mini-figs inside of it. Ahh memories.

Back