Anyone heard of a monark skip tooth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this info from the NBHAA. So from this it makes me thing there were skip tooth bikes made before 1935? Anyone know of this? Pics of one.

MONARK and SILVER KING were two different brands.
• No bicycle made by this company after 1935 had an inch-pitch chain. In fact, their slogan was that they had "speed chains" (HALF-inch pitch).
• There is no single 1934 model... there were several. AND... a 1934 model would NOT be a MONARK... it would be a SILVER KING... which also means it would only have been an aluminum bicycle.
• YES, we have ALL Monark and Silver King original catalogues. We have standard research fees for making copies which are normally included in Official Detailed NBHAA Report."

My '53 Monark has a skiptooth set up. Retro fitted perhaps?

34 was the first year of SK/Monark bikes. They officially never made any skiptooth bikes, but apparently there are a couple out there. Hard to say if they're factory made or just modified later. They also sold Silver King chainsaws and Monark lawnmowers. -Adam

Latest posts

Back