Anyone have info on this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a typical boys monark silverking frame, but it has a headbadge I've never seen before. I thought only the girls frames were rockets. Got any ideas?

PICT3620.jpg

Thanks guys, tried oldroads a while ago, and memory lane but no luck. That Monark is sweet, been wondering what the rocket tanks look like.

i had a rough one of those once and mine had that same headbadge and it was a mens frame.

At the 2007 Midwest Bicycle Fest, we had a ratrod bike raffle, to help pay for festival expenses. I built the raffle bike. I used a mens Monark Rocket frame, I had in the shed. The frame is a middle weight, originally with 26 x 1.75" tires, and it was an all chrome (frame, fork, fenders, wheels) cantilever frame bike, I figured it was a mid 1960s bike. I made dropouts that moved the rear wheel back about 4" and up about 1.5" lowering the bike and allowing the fit of a 24x3" rear tire. The fork was originally a non springer type, a springer fork was put on the bike for the raffle. The frame was sand blasted to remove the rust (lots of surface rust) and loose chrome, I painted it with hammered gray paint. I assembled the bike at the festival, most of the parts were donated by a couple of LBS (24" wheel with coaster brake hub, 24x3 and 26x2.125 flame tread tires, tubes, slime, head and crank bearing sets, springer fork, chrome chain, cloud9 seat, bullet hand grips, and aluminum peddles). Check out pics in the 2007 Midwest Bicycle Fest thread . I still have the badge, its the same as the badge above. And the bike was won by Lance, one of the KC Spokesman. Dangerous Dan

Latest posts

Back