anyone gathering parts for the next build off ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering i am guilty. already have the frame and rims, my build will actually be based off the rims i found that started the whole idea. i wanted to ask a question to all about the rules and wanted everyone's imput on it. basicly here it goes the traditional rules say the frame may not be modified ie stretched, raked etc.... but that things MAY be welded to it so here is the question if i were to cut into the frame but not change the geomitry of the frame would that be ok? i want to know ahead of time and make sure you are all ok with it. thanks

I'd say if it's not completely apart, it's probably fair... :?:

I keep trying to set parts aside and leave them for the build off, but it's a losing battle I think. I have no will power.

what buildoff? the next build off is suppose to be a b/t one. am i missing something?

Outlaw

as far as i remember.......it was going to be the rrbbo#3 (and if i recall right again.......there was going to be a boardtracker class) ahhhhhhhhh......found the thread with ratrods words.......
Rat Rod said:
Props to Outlaw for the enthusiasm on this one. :wink:

I think it would be fun to have a special Boardtrack class in the next build off for those who want to go that route.
as far as collecting parts....havent had a chance yet :lol: been to busy with the kids bike

all i have are the rims thats it i am building the whole bike around them top secret stuff ya know. anyways my question was not about class i mean you all know i will build a boardtracker style bike thats just my gig. i just ment that if there were parts cut off the frame but the same shape and geomitry were unchanged would any of you have a problem with that? oh yea and i am starting a new rule well with steve's approval obviously. i think whoever wins each year's build off has to build the trophy for the next one. so i guess that would be me hehe.

thanks buddy i also want other's input on this i know some did not really like what i did last year and i dont want that to happen again. all i can say is i am going to try and double up lol.

no prob with me. i am not building a rat rod for the buildoff, just a b/t for that class, when ever we do that. am getting my parts together for it.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Clothespin n said:
Build off ??
what Build off ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

did someone say....it's time to build an Old Cruiser again :mrgreen:
ohhhhhhh man......kevs in?!? cant wait to see what you come up with this time :mrgreen: (im still in awe over your offenhauser tank!)

sensor it was kevs bike that made me push harder building bikes. i love the offy bike otherwise known as pin it. i did not mean this to be a big deal the thought just poped into my head the other day and i wanted to make sure it was cool with you guys.

I have not even thought about it yet. I'm trying to finish the kids bike while assembling a Fire bike I've been collecting parts for. Oh, and I need to finish building a small block Chevy I started last fall and the house needs some work and the car needs to be preped for autocrossing this season and....... :shock:

Probably won't be one until the end of the summer....that kid's bike build off was supposed to tide you over. :D

I say you're fine with your plans Adam...as long as the frame geometry isn't altered.

Boardtrack fan said:
I have not even thought about it yet. I'm trying to finish the kids bike while assembling a Fire bike I've been collecting parts for. Oh, and I need to finish building a small block Chevy I started last fall and the house needs some work and the car needs to be preped for autocrossing this season and....... :shock:
Its a never ending battle for truth Justice and the american way. None of that has anything to do with anything, just thought i would throw it in. I know what you mean boardtrack fan I dont even go in my garage anymore. the tractor needs cleaning and the fluids changed, the valkyrie needs the carbs cleaned, need to sell my jeep, and the house needs painting ,but hey im haveing fun with bikes. :lol:

well got my frame that dingo sent me, so ya, i am gathering parts but this will be for the b/t class build off.

thanks steve i did not mean to stir the pot like this. basicly like i said all i have are the rims and an idea i just wanted to make sure it was cool when the time comes. i have a ton of projects comming including a few bikes i am working on.

i started the bt build off, but steve wants to wait on it for awhile an i guess put it in a class with the rrbo. thats all i know for now. so i am just gathering parts an see what happens.

Back