Anyone ever freight a Bicycle to NZ before?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys Paul here in little ol' New Zealand, I have since about the tender age of 3 want a Schwinn Stingray (often copied never beaten) 34 years on a I still do not have one :x :( :cry:
I have seen a couple over the years here in NZ but they have been way too expensive, I shoulda bought them both!?.
I am building something similar out of an old Raleigh, but it is not a Stingray/Dragster, it will be a cool build but will not have Stingray (well Schwinn) forks.
My question is does anyone know around how much a bicycle box would be from the States to me here in NZ? 8) Thanks All. Paul

It's been several years but I got a bike from NZ and a frame/fork from Az. Neither cost too much in shipping.(I think $50 topps) The complete bike was boxed and the frame/fork was just rapped in plastic---got both just fine.
StingRays are really tough little bikes--if you plan on doing a kustom rebuild and can live with out the original wheels and if you work with someone that will box it as small as can be--I'd think you could get a fair price--if you want a cheery them boxing /packing /shipping is going to cost.

"Dragster" and "StingRay forks" sounds like you want a Krate bike. I had 2 new StingRays back in the day when I was a kid. They are fun bikes for kids but if you are now a full sized adult you might be disappointed in the ride. Gary

Hi guys Thank you for the replies, I want the rigid early forks like the ones on 60's Stingray's and a whole bunch of Schwinn 26" stuff from the thirties forward( I do not know the name given to them, the square top original type.
I am not going to worry about how much shipping will be as I want to keep this for as long as I live having it ridden by my son, nephews etc, so it does not really matter.
thanks for the info, guys. I have seen some estimates on eBay at around $180 US which I can save for.

Back