Anyone else been going crazy at a Performance Bicycle liquidation sale?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've spent so much money on stuff I really don't need there in the last month. I'm well over a grand by now. 5 bikes, 50 tubes, a big box of SE Racing parts, tires, the list goes on. I've bought an SE Big Ripper and Big Flyer, two cruiser bikes because they were cheap and cool, and a single speed road bike that doesn't even fit me but was too good to pass up. Less than a week left now and I've still got my eye on a bike or two, maybe more for parts if they go low enough. They have a lot of ladies cruisers left that have nice wheels, stems, seats, etc., but are still over $100 each. If they make it to 70-80% off I may have to stock up.

IMG_5742.JPG
IMG_5745.JPG
fuji.jpg
tuesday.png
image15c6eff1509.jpg

There's a guy locally here that must have bought half the store because he's flooding the FB Marketplace and Craigslist with the stuff.

I stopped by the one close to me a few weeks ago and they had a red Floval Flyer in stock, but it was still set at $450 which is about what you could buy the bike for at other stores online.

Curious what you paid for the two bikes you bought.

I was going to try and hit the closest one to me when I was in Eugene a couple weeks back...turns out, it closed a bit over a year ago. Day late and a dollar short. Looks like two of the three in Portland are still open, but...that's a 200mile round trip.

Jason

I almost got one of these, but they sold out. :doh:
fuji-club-bike-blue-yellow-18-zoom.jpg

I've noticed that several SE Bikes (a couple big rippers, a beast or two, and a couple of big flyers) have hit the Portland CL in the last couple weeks...which is very abnormal for this area. New with either no or little miles...so, I assume these are performance clearance bikes that people are trying to flip for a profit.

Jason

Back