Anybody see this crusty one on Ebay?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That IS a space liner but I'm not sure it is structurally sound. A bit too much corrosion and you would need to find a rat trap suspension fork for it.

It's rough but for $35 it would make cool yard art. :mrgreen: If I was him I'd take all the parts off the frame and take better pictures. I bet it's still usable, I've ridden worse.

Looks like a bulge/crack on the downtube. The BB is rusted shut and the edge of the steel on the BB leads me to believe that if you got the crank off and the cups out it wouldn't accept new cups. This bike MUST have been submerged, and with the rust penetration you must accept that there is as much rust attacking it from the inside out.

I'm not against bike revivals, and I trust some stuff that other people wouldn't, but I wouldn't try to make this a rider if it was given to me.

yoothgeye said:
Looks like a bulge/crack on the downtube. The BB is rusted shut and the edge of the steel on the BB leads me to believe that if you got the crank off and the cups out it wouldn't accept new cups. This bike MUST have been submerged, and with the rust penetration you must accept that there is as much rust attacking it from the inside out.

I'm not against bike revivals, and I trust some stuff that other people wouldn't, but I wouldn't try to make this a rider if it was given to me.

I thought that bulge / crack was a hanger for the tank.

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Spaceliner has a tank hanger on the back side of the head tube.
I know it has the head tube one and mine also had one on the middle bars for a straight style tank, I was thinking the tank that is shaped like a 7 would land right about where that bulge is.

image-124.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
yoothgeye said:

It is a mount for the tank, they have 2 mounting spots

Back