any recommendations on a heavy duty sissy bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plz point me in the right direction...ive seen some with the shocks which would be awesome but i read somewhere its holds up to 75 lbs.....i need one for da big boys...lmk if u have any ideas..thanks

I have seen several done from electrical conduit. Not sure how strong they are but I'd imagine pretty beefy.

ive wondered the same about the krate style sissy bars, but im 250 and ride my muscle bikes all the time with no problems with the reg ol sissy bars

CeeBee said:
Anybody else see the irony of "heavy duty sissy" bars?

Haha, didn't think about that. I always thought in my mind as a kid that they were called sissy bars because only a sissy would need a bar that could keep them from falling off a seat. I guess I never had a thought after that about the name till now, so why sissy?

we all ways called them sissy bars;
thats where we tied the sissy's by their
shoe laces, & drug them down the lane. :arrow:
the tall sissy bar was good for a wedgie ride. :lol:

I bought some motorcycle sissybars for my bike off ebay. They are 5/8 inch but have a heavy side wall. They are much stronger then a stock bicycle sissybar. You could bend one from a piece of stainless stell and polish it to shine.....Jaxon

Back