Another Swinger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was supposed to be hauling off some of the scrap bikes and tubing I've got stashed around but while digging through my scrap tubing box I got sidetracked and instead built another swing bike. I don't need another swing bike. I guess when I found the 2 head/down tubes from the girls bikes I couldn't resist. Used the rear triangle off of the tandem MTB I made years ago.
IMG_9510.JPG

IMG_9515.JPG

IMG_9808.JPG

IMG_9811.JPG

Other swing bikes I've made.
schwing5.jpg

swing_bike2-2.jpg

I got what you have..............swingbiteus.............I think there is a cure but the side effects are not worth it. I need to take more pictures http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20981#p211960 . Just got a rolling frame for now.
I see this style that you build has repeated. How does it handle with such a rake to it? Love it just the same.

GL

Looks good, Ive said it before... you dont mess around! you get an idea, and BAM its a done deal.

Since you've added another bike to the collection... maybe you need to think about building a pole barn in the backyard? :D

After riding the one Ive built (pics later) I think Im gonna chop it down a bit, its just to dang tall. Its almost a Tall, Stretch, Swingbike :lol:

Ratfink1962 said:
After riding the one Ive built (pics later) I think Im gonna chop it down a bit, its just to dang tall. Its almost a Tall, Stretch, Swingbike :lol:

I think that would help a lot. I tried riding yours for a short bit at Partridge and it was really difficult to get started because of the height.

Randy,
Yep getting started is the hard part but once you get going a bit its not so bad. Definetly need to be shorter, while Im at it I need to probably weld the bearing cups to the frame on the seat end since they are kinda sloppy... either that or try another set.

Ill get to it sometime, I got other stuff to get finished first.

And if you ever need bondo help... or anything really, im your man! I dont mind doing it since I used to sling bondo for a living. Plus I gotta figure out a way to pay back all the help you have provided me! :D

Nice finish, it came out real nice. The video was a nice touch. I also sneaked a peek at your zoo ride, very cool. Looks like you may have to duck your head on the bike path.

My swingbike (#5) for my daughter turned out really bad. The more I worked on it the worse it got. I mean it got so ugly I scrapped it for parts. I had contact with Wobbly John and he pointed a few things out to me. Got my head back into it now and it's turning out better. When it gets to the testing stage I'll start a thread on it.

GL

Latest posts

Back