Another RRB-Quality Tire....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, so I know i'm kinda new at the RRB thing, so if I'm telling you something you already know. bear with me!

I ordered some new tires for my "Bad Penny" coaster/cruiser, and at first glanc....I LOVE THEM!!!

CST "Cyclops" in 26x2.4 blackwall from Niagara Cycle Works (niagaracycle.com). AND right now they're on sale for $11.37 each.

Webpage pic...
60893.jpg

http://www.niagaracycle.com/product_inf ... _id=435479

Nice fat tire with a street tread, not slicks, but nice smooth tread!

As soon as I get daylight time, I'll post more pics!

Thanks for the info, Joe!

And yes, I meant to ask....has anyone had any luck covering up logos on tires? What works....paint, die, Sharpie? I'd like to cover op the logos, but don't want to ruin a set of brand new tires.

Sweet tires! I've been looking for good, wide blackwall cruiser tires, and as for how to get rid of the logos, i'd go with the acetone and elbow grease, maybe a little repetition and whatever is left over... sharpie (get the old school wide guage permanent type, works the best). If your in a rush, do the balck duct tape idea. Lots of good ideas here.

aka_locojoe said:
I've had a set of these for a little while. I like them other than all the logos/writing.

DSCF6549.JPG

Did you have any clearance problems in the rear or with the chain?

Did you try them on a different frame?

before Armorall and other silicone tire shines, there used to be a product called Tire Black. Dupont sold it, I THINK. We all shined our tires up with it in the 60's,and into the mid 70's. It was like a black acrylic paint. Covered many a whitewall back in the day 8)

menzorro said:
These tires look good but are more expensive. Has anyone dealt with Luxlow before?

http://luxlow.com/products-page/ll-bicy ... ead-a-set/

Not yet. I have found myself checking out their bikes. I am not mad at someone for making a living off bikes, more power to them, but the bikes on there seem a little high. Some folks with the money just like to buy the cool instead of making the cool and they seem to cater to that market. Some of the parts are reasonable tho.

**Editing myself here** I KNOW those bikes just don't happen - Luxlow has a eye for design for sure.

Menzorro-

I've dealt with Tyler at LuxLow quite a bit. He's local for me and a good guy to work with, especially in person.

Never tried those tires tho :mrgreen:

Back