Another part lost in shipment...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be heavy into old school BMX stuff, but after I got burned on purchases multiple times for damaged parts due to careless sellers...I just got out of it. Then I started looking at 26" bikes and got hooked. Now it's starting all over again, I've been burned at least 10 times in the last 6 months. Why can't people that sell bicycle parts package them properly? I never have issues with car parts that I buy online??

The latest was some handlebars I bought for my Challenger. I won the bars off of eBay and received a folded piece of cardboard with a couple pieces of tape on the ends. The bars had fallen out in shipment....and I mean why wouldn't they? There was nothing holding them in.

The seller made good though...but I was holding my breath. And don't even get me going on the middle weight cruiser fenders that UPS screwed me out of! :x

So for now it looks like my Challenger is going to retain the apes thanks to careless shipping...

d1.jpg

I agree.. it seems 2/3 of the stuff that I get that can be bent or broken ...is.. Fedex or USPS isn't any better either... :roll:

It's scary watching UPS load their truck. I work in the shipping department and when they pick up they just heave ho the boxes into their truck. I heard it's almost worse at the distribution centers. I ship most of my stuff USPS except frames/bike as it's usually a 1/3 of what USPS charges.

IJamEcono said:
What kind of bars are you looking for?

Something stock in appearance. I did get another set but I think they're off of a boys bike, the shape os good but they seem too narrow.

I know the feeling. We get charged a lot more for shipping to Canada by US sellers on the bay and the stuff shows up barely packed with a less than $1 stamp on it. I collect slide rules and I remember getting one that was all out of the envelope hanging by a screw to the envelope itself! The guy had charged $8 for shipping. The rule was miraculously intact. I buy parts outside the bay from dealers like the ones sponsoring this site, never had a problem.

I always ship my packages the best I can, I think the rule of thumb is if you can throw the package off your roof and it be okay it MIGHT be safe in UPS hands. I always put it in a box and pack newspaper and foam around it till it's one solid mass. I've also got a few parts from guys here and never had a problem.

Back