another newbie from sydney

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey my name is Gaz a mate of mine RATAFIED got me into bikes and this forum always loved the oldskool and rat stuff here are a pic of my bike its a work in progress nothing spectacular at the moment and i got a west coast chopper too but thats stayin original for me to ride cheers

18092008140-1.jpg

b340_1.jpg

Jetro said:
Dragster - not a stingray.

This ones an aussie!!!

timsdragside.jpg

awsome dragster matethats a rare find thanks for all the replys guys cant wait to get started on my bike more i have got some good ideas from searching the forum... too many ideas actually lol :wink:

GAZZA welcome champ good to see ya made it

guys this the bloke who helped me out with the 30 year old rusty bits

coooooooooool name :D :D :D :D

Welcome to Neatsville. I have a West Coast Chopper also, got brand new in box for $59.99, can't figure out why they were so cheap, other than they were in boxes that said they were a chrome frame and black tank, like yours. I looked inside a few boxes that had been partially opened,and every one was all red, I should have gone to the bank that day and bought all they had... around ten.I slightly modified mine, lowering the seat tube by cutting the spot welds on the seat clamp with a cut off wheel in a dremel, removing the clamp and cutting the seat tube with a small tubing cutter. Cut it as much as I could, leaving just enough to get the clamp back on... cut about an inch and a half off, I guess. The two bolts on the front underside of the seat rest on the top tube now, but the plastic pieces that cover the bolt threads, protect the frame from scratches. Widened the handle bars 5'' per side, epoxied some 3/4'' tubing inside the bars that goes clear in to where the bars bend, and extending out about 4'' past the stock bar ends. Then epoxying two 5'' pieces of tubing I cut off some old, bent motorcycle bars, slid over the inner tubing. Roughed up the inner tubing to be epoxied real well, and drilled some holes in the outer tubes to put dabs of epoxy in. Stock grips and end plugs... they are as wide as I could make them, and still have the grips just covering my add-on's. Strong as could be. I'll post some pics sometime soon... pictures talk better than I can write!

RATAFIED said:
GAZZA welcome champ good to see ya made it

guys this the bloke who helped me out with the 30 year old rusty bits

coooooooooool name :D :D :D :D

cheers mick gotta love the mother in law for keeping her bike from when she was a kid... :shock:

Latest posts

Back