Another newb Cranny build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what the........my fav build!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cool! It must be the Emperor's new bike! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

One things sure on this site Art and that no one will make fun of your project. Say it Loud and say it proud I built It! You may get ideas or we may so don't be shy.Post that sucker.

Okay, I'll put it back up. New
IMAG00411.jpg

After I did some strippin'
IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

Plus pics of the wife's trike I have to post if I don't want her to get mad, even though I'm not 'building it'
IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

Y'know, looking at it again, it's not bad. I'm waiting on BMX style bars, need to order a layback seatpost, and I wonder what kinda saddle should replace the weird 'seude' look huffy seat, plus I wonder if the coaster will get better, or if I should replace it, or maybe go freewheel with handbrakes.
I honestly don't know a lot about Klunkers, discovered the breed researching Mountain bikes (history of)
When I was younger I had a freind who had a single speed MTB that looked for all the world like a big ... BMX bike, don't remember the brand, but I liked it a lot. since I don't have the means to do a porkchop land race or similar big BMX, I thought a Klunker might be fun.
At least, until I start busting the crappt cranbrook parts all to heck. :shock:

Nice job clean and simple. The trike looks pretty cool as is . When the wife's not lookin you could swap hand grips with her.....

My suggestion: Crack open the rear hub, clean out the crappy grease that they ship them with, and re-pack it with good ol' universal trailer hub grease. If it doesn't work any better, at least it will last a lot longer. No reason not to ride this Cranny until you can come up on some more solid frame to swap the parts to.

there seems to be a shortage of old school frames where i live so the majority of my projects are all huffys from kmart.
this site is different in that no one here discourages what kind of builder or rider you are. its a free place to showcase your individual take on what you like about bikes.
i love cranbrooks and i think yours is pretty sweet, cant wait to see it with the new bar set up
heres a link to some finised crannys
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32667

Very nice bike and I like you take on them. I love these bikes. They are lighter than the old Schwinns and are just fun to build and easier to ride. A Rat Rod is never really finished, we just give up and move on to the next one. Enjoy.

I think the laid-back seat post would be cool! 8) One thing I did to my Cranbrook was replace the stock, plastic pedals with a pair of aluminum BMX pedals from an old junker . . . a BIG, BIG improvement! :wink:
Oh, on your wife's grips, they are very cool, but get yer own and leave her's alone! Gotta keep the peace, ya know? :p

Haha she doesn't like her grips. Well, she likes them except for the points sticking out 'like Madonna's .... bra'. :)
But I'll either go BMX or vintage schwinn-style on mine (leaning toward AME CAP grips from Porkchop and rattraps from choppers US. or maybe plat forms, or krate style)

This bike, the cranbrook, is currently on loan to a neighbor with a new job and no transpo but shanks mare, may be worked on more later

Back