Another new guy.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.
Cool site. I'm a member of another form ratsun.net One of our members there put up a link to this one. I had no idea there were that many people as crazy as I am. I'm not a bike builder but I did build one a couple of years back that I think fits in here pretty good. Not a rat rod, but more like a low rider hot rod style. I just like to make stuff. I'm into datsuns, don't ask why. I have built many of them over the last 15 years or so. At this time I have three of them.
1971 240Z race car, 1972 240Z street & show, And my favorite a 1971 510 wagon, AKA the radio flyer.
Surf wagon.
I live in So Cal. I own a machine shop. I make alot of really crazy things at work. Gear box parts, car stuff (Billet crap) aerospace parts. Just about anything made from metal. Anyway I hope to be here often and contribute something if I can. Here is a pic of my bike. I have no idea what brand it is, Some old guy was going to toss it in the dumpster. So I had to save it.
bikewagon001.jpg

bikewagon002.jpg

bikewagon003.jpg

Datrod! Ha! That bug did bite you man! Well now that you've joined you are doomed! Guys this guys machine shop skills kill me. I can not WAIT to see what he ends up with on a bike. Datrod, you gotta post pics of the radio flier 510!

Lets see,, Dat-side was already here, Purple is in, Myself, and now Datrod. I sense some Datsun themed builds on the horizon!

So what's first on your build list Datrod? Boardtracker? You already have the musclebike!

Welcome to the forum.

The rear drop outs on that bike make it a Murray made bike I believe.

Here is an All-Pro muscle bike that Murray made for K-Mart.

100_5090.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Welcome to the forum.

The rear drop outs on that bike make it a Murray made bike I believe.

Here is an All-Pro muscle bike that Murray made for K-Mart.

100_5090.jpg

Wow thanks. It must be. just look at the chain guard. Mine had a fat back tire just like that when I saved it from the heap. I wish I had known back then I would have kept it.
The rims were all bent up and rusty so I just tosed them :cry:

Don't push me fisch I have enough things to do. But now you guys have me really wanting to do some kind of billet bike. :wink:

Fisch said:
Datrod! Ha! That bug did bite you man! Well now that you've joined you are doomed! Guys this guys machine shop skills kill me. I can not WAIT to see what he ends up with on a bike. Datrod, you gotta post pics of the radio flier 510!

Lets see,, Dat-side was already here, Purple is in, Myself, and now Datrod. I sense some Datsun themed builds on the horizon!

So what's first on your build list Datrod? Boardtracker? You already have the musclebike!

ffshow001.jpg

Pic of the radio flyer.

Back