Another new Bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I had the opportunity to meet up and talk with Larry the Blacksmith, who goes by MonsterMetal on here, and built the bike, MaddHammer. I got a chance to see this bike first hand too. And as amazing as it looks in pictures, It is even more impressive in real person. And Larry is a heck of a nice guy too. If you ever get the chance to meet him or check out his shop, you should. You won't regret it. Anyways, I degress...
I wanted a stretch cruiser/chopper, and posted an ad in Classified on here. Larry popped up a picture of his Dyno and Phat Chopper. I've been wanting one of these Dynos for a while. And larry expressed interest in a tandem bike I picked up on CL, and my wife and I decided we were most definitely NOT tandem people. So I traded him the tandem plus one of my old murrays...
2870030547_60e97d7cbd.jpg
2821179741_2135069565.jpg

for this...
2887914702_1348eb36cb.jpg

And I couldn't be happier. :mrgreen:
And he couldn't let me leave without offering me a pile of fenders, and the original fork for the bike, and how could I turn down free stuff? And he helped me work out my Sturmey Archer issues AND gave me a trigger shifter. Again, If you ever get the chance, come see this guy. Larry, I appologize if this is unwanted publicity, but it was so cool to see your shop and MaddHammer up close. So yeah...

how is that seat mounted on your new Dyno? I have one of thos seats and the post is like a tree trunk. I'm suprised to see it in a Dyno frame.

To be honest, I don't know. I picked the bike up last night after riding around MonsterMetal's parking lot for a bit, and unloaded it at home, went to bed, and got up for work today. I'll check it out tonight when I get home. I'll probably ditch the seat... I want a regular saddle style on it... Just my preference...

GTCOMA said:
how is that seat mounted on your new Dyno? I have one of thos seats and the post is like a tree trunk. I'm suprised to see it in a Dyno frame.
Well, the tree trunk was cut off. and a tree branch was welded in its place. The new post's od is just about perfect for the old post's id. Sorry, I forgot to take a pic...

Thanks for the kind words... I think its important to try and do what ever i can for anyone who is interested in bikes. I have made more friends through bikes that all other aspects of my life.... And besides it almost always comes back around ten fold :wink:

And yeah as far as the seat goes the plastic/cover part unbolts and I just welded a normal stem to the underside of the pan. And I know it looks a little goofy but I bet you'll understand why I put that seat on there once you try a regular seat. It looks cooler with a spring saddle but that Stingray seat is sure nice on the rear!

You know, you may be right. I adjusted it a little higher, and leaned the bars a little more forward, and it's a little more comfy. My knees aren't running into my gut now. :shock: It is a pretty comfy seat...

Back