Another Great Trade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I traded away this old rusty Slingshot
100_0002-2.jpg

I brought home this nice complete and original 1961 JC Higgins Flightliner
100_0129.jpg

100_0130.jpg

100_0131.jpg

Pardon the drool, Im still "Lost in Space" over this one

You did really good tradeing today.!! Don't get Lost In Space about your bike. You need to take Flight...LOL I believe the JC Higgins bikes like that are called Flightliners. Great Score on a classic bike.!!!

the cantilever lookin ones are flightliners.. the spaceliner have the middle tubes that go from the head tube to just above the dropouts.. :roll:

Spaceliner, Flightliner, heck I'm happy landing a oneliner at times. All it says is JC Higgins on it. I know what you mean about the frame style, the spaceliners in the buildoff are completely different than this. Im still happy with it whatever it's called. I need to get some batteries for the tank to turn on the lights and horn

I would say the other party got the better end of the deal, those look to me like bullseye cranks and bullseye hubs with roller cam brakes, looks like an early 80's slingshot.

He was a big collector, knew all about the bullseye cranks and hubs. the roller cam brakes only work on that frame because the mounts are above the rim not below like any other bike Ive ever seen. yes it was an early 80's slingshot. It was way out of my realm so I let it go. He wanted it for the parts. We were both quite happy with what we each got and will be making some other deals, its all good here. This is the nicest cruiser I have ever come across, my rollfast is nice too but its not a tank bike.

Latest posts

Back