Another Gender Reassignment FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Another Gender Reassignment (rough sketch)

Made some changes. I was never content on the headtube angle with the 24" fork and wheel. Decided to go with an old 26" fork that I curved and the original 26" front wheel. I like it better now. As far as parts all I need to find is a 21.1 drop stem and some tires. For now I'm stuck grinding, sanding, filler, and more sanding, yuck.

010.jpg

Re: Another Gender Reassignment (FINAL MOCK-UP)

Allright, final mock-up and first ride today. If there's one thing I've learned, it's test fit everything at least twice before you even think about prep and paint. Otherwise you'll be tearing up that nice paint when a bolt or clamp doesn't seem to go on right :x . Found a drop stem, just had to whittle it down from 22.2 to fit the 21.1 fork. Rides good, I'm finally happy with everything. Paint to come soon...

006.jpg

Sits NICE and looks GREAT! The top of the front tire, being higher than the crown of the fork really gives it the HOT ROD look. IMO

Thanks Kota, I actually had to radius the bottom of the fork crown for tire clearance. I'd like to know how you curve your forks, my way is super labor intensive.
I did manage to get the frame and fork ready for primer. I think I may just get the rims and seat pan blasted, getting tired of sanding :|

IMG_5585.jpg

necessaryevil said:
Thanks Kota, I actually had to radius the bottom of the fork crown for tire clearance. I'd like to know how you curve your forks, my way is super labor intensive.
Using a 26inch wheel with a 26 inch fork, there's not to much bending room....Labor intensive, yes.

bighit said:
i covet that chain guard.

11th Commandment
Thou shalt NOT covet thy neighbors chainguard!

sensor said:
looks good :mrgreen: btw....did kota step on your fork?!?!? :p

NO!.....I said it "sits" nice. (does look cool)

Re: Another Gender Reassignment (Going Blue)

As much as I wanted to go purple, I can not convince myself to ruin this cool chainguard. So now it's going to be the same blue as the guard. Blue with white rims and blackwalls, or blue with blue rims and whitewalls? Gonna have to think about this...

blue-white.jpg

blue-blue-whitewall.jpg

Re: Another Gender Reassignment 4/30/11

Been a while since I've made any progress on this one. Finally decided just to shoot it all red oxide and try to get it rideable for May 7th. I was hoping to have a whitewall slick in time, but that's not going to happen, no biggie. Should have a semi-finished pic next week.

IMG_5686.jpg

It's pretty much done. The chainguard reminds me of an old blimp, so I've named the bike Red Zeppelin :p More pics in the gallery.

IMG_5696.jpg

The all red oxide loots sharp. Great job making something simple turn out very cool. I need to find me a chainguard like that for my build-off

Back