Another FNG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Just a quick intro for me so I can ask an opinion on the main board. I had bike envy from a buddy who put together an older schwinn clone to ride around town. He picked me up a rough 40's Hiawatha from a swap meet a few years ago, and then I found this site. I have picked up a few more bikes since then, a 50's Gambles branded Hiawatha Meteor, and a 60's JC higgins that looks like a spaceliner. I build old cars mostly, but the bike stuff is growing on me. I picked up a rough Silver King frame and fork at the swap meet last weekend, and need some help deciding what to do with it. Hope to learn some stuff and contribute when I can.

Thanks!
Fred

Hiawatha
IMG_9406.jpg

My helper
IMG_9408.jpg

Thanks! It comes and goes. When I get burned out on the cars, the bikes are always waiting. It's like instant gratification compared to building cars. Lighter, faster, usually easier, and mostly cheaper.

Sup Bro, my bud Big M is the same way... Currently he's workin on a 1960 Comet ( I think ) while doin up a bike for MMA show here on the Rock.

Back