Another Brat Rod tentatively named "Orange Crush-er"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally getting a build close to finish. Not much gets done on my 3G as I ride it to work every day. So far I've managed to flip the bars and put whitewalls and moon valve caps on it, hardly progress. But, this week my orange-wall Kenda Kontacts arrived along with a set of 20" rims with orange spokes. I grabbed a pair of orange fixie grips from the LBS and put them all on the Bratz lowrider that I'd stripped and taken to with some flat black.

P1000477.jpg

I have some sissy bar issues as I've run out of rear axle to get everything crammed on there. I'll try and track down one with the P clamps, rather than the holes drilled through and see if I can't mount it somehow.

Boy is it a relief to have one of my piles of parts come together though.

I assemble dit in the kitchen last night, took the photo with a flash outside. In person the orange looks a lot more striking. And the different shades on various parts is less noticeable.
Anyone got any bright ideas for tackling the problem of the rear axle being too short for the sissy bar?

use some "P" clips, and take the middle mudguard strut out and mount them on there. just tighten them up and they should see you right. the mudguard supports on the rear strut so that isn't an issue. altertively get the rear axle out of the original wheels-that is long enough. or cut a piece of threaded bar to the right length. the possibilities are endless.

heres two ideas, drill the dropout bracket for a machine screw and mount the p clip as shown, if you dont have a large enough bracket then, put thinner jam nuts against the cones and put the brackets on the inside of the dropouts, you could loose the middle strut if you still dont get enough axle. 8)
222ba93b.jpg

Back