Another B.T.R.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress!! Well, a little. I started covering my seat, it went surprisingly fast and easy. I still need to sew the outer ring and trim the flaps down to the right shape/size but overall I'm pretty happy with it so far. Unfortunately I was so caught up in working on it that I forgot to take pictures as I went, but what I did is cut two large pieces of material, cut slits for the bottom of the seat, spray glued that piece to the bottom, than spray glued the other piece to the top. I than hand sewed around the seat pan, pulling the material tight as I went...

img0907d.jpg

img0908fr.jpg

img0909n.jpg

img0910bv.jpg

Looks good. The seats going to have flaps? any picture examples of what your thinking?

This is so sick I have built a few btrs myself but nothing like yours what front hub did you use atom? Nice job on the wheels btw

Subscribed , this is sick!! :shock: so you found motorcycle tire that fit 26@ bicycle rims ? not sure i understand what number is important if i want to order some :?

OneHorsePower said:
Subscribed , this is sick!! :shock: so you found motorcycle tire that fit 26@ bicycle rims ? not sure i understand what number is important if i want to order some :?

I used 21" motorcycle/ MX rims with 21" x 3" Tires. The back wheel is laced to a moped hub and the front is all from a Honda XL185 but I'll be relacing a newer rim and new spokes onto that hub before it's done. The overall diameter of this set up is just shy of 28".

agreed ! can't wait to see this finished :)
quick question , its called board track racer(BTR) but ain't that a Drirt track racer ? :wink:

Nice job. Your creativity in making the forks and seat is admirable! I was wondering did you use the 1.0" tubing for the main frame? If so, what are you using the 3/4" for?

Finally started working on the bike again. The rear triangle was really bugging me so I bent and cut up two pieces of 3/4", than cut this out...

img1005f.jpg

And tacked these in...

img1006pe.jpg

The bottom legs will remain how they are until I get the CVT in and figure out what will be going on down there.
This is really not much for progress, just a step back and half a step forward but I plan on starting the tank very soon, hopefully.

OneHorsePower said:
Much nicer , good upgrade
will you put pedals down there for compression start like the old ones ?

I'm not sure if I'll have pedals or pegs yet, if I do have pedals, they won't start the motor but will just run a freewheel on the right side of the bike.

Latest posts

Back