Annoying avertising popup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do i get rid of the annoying ebay link on the right hand side that pops up with items for sale.
Any pics i veiw are reduced in size because of this. :( :( :(
If i want to veiw epay items i visit the site direct.......

That banner on the side helps Steve keep this site running. There was alot of uproar when it was first added, but after a while you forget it is even there. You might adjust your system display settings to allow more of the pics to be visible.

I know an application that turns them off, but I won't post it on RRB. From what I understand, if the ads are blocked, the money isn't paid, so I never block them on sites that I like and want to stick around.

The Ebay ad that you see to the right is an embedded Flash file. So far it's the only way that I have found to generate a little amount of income from this forum to help offset the cost of hosting and maintenance. I was very intentional about using something that was related to the hobby and not just some random Google ad for greeting cards or diet programs.

My apologies to those of you on laptops or with monitors smaller than 19". We will be experimenting more with the banners in the future to see if we can come up with a better solution that doesn't limit photo display. :wink:

why not run them horizontally across the top or w/in the thread? like every 10 posts show a small horizontal ebay ad.

zlarson said:
why not run them horizontally across the top or w/in the thread? like every 10 posts show a small horizontal ebay ad.

Yeah like I said...we'll be experimenting. :wink:

zlarson said:

Yeah i like the sound of this idea. Run them at the bottom of the page. That way pics arnt lost and adds still bring income.

mr boardtracker said:
zlarson said:

Yeah i like the sound of this idea. Run them at the bottom of the page. That way pics arnt lost and adds still bring income.

well, ads dont bring income unless they are clicked so the best spot is a banner up top or embedded in the threads.

Double Nickle said:
the adds really don't bother me...i use them allot.
Yeah, I kinda like 'em; there's some interesting stuff in there sometimes that I'd never get to see otherwise.

RadOne said:
Double Nickle said:
the adds really don't bother me...i use them allot.
Yeah, I kinda like 'em; there's some interesting stuff in there sometimes that I'd never get to see otherwise.

Agreed. Sometimes see pretty cool stuff that i wouldn't have thought to look for.

Well just my opinnion, But i would rather see a full pic of the bikes people post than a quater missing to a host of adds that can be found on ebay. If they bring revenue great but not when i comes to the sacrifice of the pics.....
Put em anywhere top or bottom .

mr boardtracker said:
Well just my opinnion, But i would rather see a full pic of the bikes people post than a quater missing to a host of adds that can be found on ebay. If they bring revenue great but not when i comes to the sacrifice of the pics.....
Put em anywhere top or bottom .

Are you on a laptop?

I have a 15" laptop set at 1280x768. Pics resize fine using firefox or chrome.
The Scrambler pic I noticed was larger but I can see the whole thing once it resizes
scrambler2.jpg

Yeah...I goofed and uploaded that pic at 1600 pixels. I reposted a new photo at 1024.

And some fun stats on the Ebay ads so far this month...

They have been clicked 3440 times so far and have generated $2715 in sales for Ebay this month. :shock:

Love em or hate em, people are using them.

Thanks to everyone who have been using them to get to Ebay!

Rat Rod said:
aka_locojoe said:
Playing around I think your screen resolution has to be at least 1280x900 for the photos not to be cut off.

What size monitor do you have Randy?

Mines 20" and not a wide screen. My resolution is set to 1600x1200 so it all displays fine for me.

Latest posts

Back