Angry Tiki (just about finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be using a 1955 Schwinn Corvette for this build-off. I'm going with the Tiki style because I went to Hawaii (Maui) in 1991 and really fell in love with the culture there. Im not sure if I will modify the frame but plan to do alot of other things to it. Here is how the bike looks now. I will not be using the chain guard because its on my other build-off bike. The handlebars are also history as well and I will be putting on the apes.
55corvshay.jpg

Re: Angry Tiki

TommyTwoTime said:
I will be using a 1955 Schwinn Corvette for this build-off. I'm going with the Tiki style because I went to Hawaii (Maui) in 1991 and really fell in love with the culture there. Im not sure if I will modify the frame but plan to do alot of other things to it. Here is how the bike looks now. I will not be using the chain guard because its on my other build-off bike. The handlebars are also history as well and I will be putting on the apes.
55corvshay.jpg

Too cute! The bike is ok. LOL!

Bet she has the world wrapped around her finger!

Re: Angry Tiki

AHHHHH Sensor youv'e forced my hand. Its not quite the Brady Bunch tiki, but mine is ANGRY. This will be mounted after I finish the base I am making. This is a shift nob I picked up off the bay. They also had a bunch of unpainted ones at Autorama this year. You have to drill and tap it yourself (that outa be fun)
tiki11.jpg

Re: Angry Tiki (update 10/2)

nice
btw i dont know if you need anymore(not sure if he still does for that matter) but tikiharl had a bunch of tiki stuff he was selling awhile back

A few updates. I purchased these nice Tiki masks for bar decorations and imediately chopped them up to form my first ever attempt at tank building. I have no clue how I will attach them but I'll figure something out. I also put a set of ape hangers on and man does this bike ride nice.
tiki10.jpg
tikirat2.jpg

I have no clue how I will attach them but I'll figure something out.

Drink some Kahluha, it will come to you.

drill into the inside of the tiki tank and glue a nut in there then punch a hole on the opposite side and use an allen head bolt(id say use a regular bolt but then youd have to recess stuff)
almost forgot the best part :oops:
great idea for a tank :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What kinda frame is that? :shock:

Re: Angry Tiki (update 10/22)

Here is what I did with the rear fender. I call it "Flame Bobbed". I also went with a newer style comfort seat cause I get a really sore bum from those narrow seats. I added the reflectors to cover up the brand name. I also put on a two speed since this will be my daily rider.
atiki3.jpg
atiki4.jpg

Latest posts

Back