And my hacksaw will gather dust.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure plenty of you guys have used these. I got these metal blades and used some cutting oil and holy cow! Just faster than a hacksaw but able to follow curves a lot closer. I used it to cut these rockers out of 1/4" mild steel and was within 1/32 away from my scribed line, just a touch up with a file and done. I don't think I touched the sharpness at all and I think they will last, so long as I let them do the cutting and use the oil. They were $4.69. WooHoo!!

Boschjigsawblades.jpg

Good info. I have been having trouble cutting aluminum sheets. I'll give it a shot.

The rest of the story is that Bosch jigsaws are MONSTERS!! I sleep with mine :lol:

One of my friends cuts 1/4" steel all day long with his!!

I have found that they cut well the first couple of times, but then they really start to get more difficult, even with the oil. But that was a couple of years ago, so maybe some improvements have been made. Keep us updated.

cut off wheel on a straight die grinder will work even better than that(try it.....im guessing the jig saw will be gathering dust soon as well.) :wink:
although i personally like using hand tools when im at home since i enjoy the time spent building. i get enough rush rush rush at the 8-5.

Latest posts

Back