an ALL ORIGINAL Spaceliner! (commuting pics!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realized when responding to Uncle Stretch's Bike Insanity post that I have gotten a new Spaceliner for every month I have been a member of this forum.

Here is my latest one, an ALL ORIGINAL version with everything intact, down to the Sears Allstate whitewalls. I saw it on ebay and saw that the seller didn't want to ship, but also saw that it was located about a half hour from my good friend in New Hampshire who was coming to visit in a couple of weeks. So he brought it down for free this weekend and I just filled up the tires and then rode it around for a couple of hours. I couldn't stop, this thing rides like it just came out of the factory. Someone kept this in a very safe place. It's the last one I will get for a while... or till next month. Soon I will have to take some pictures of all of them outside together.

2520106540_04a2928dec_b.jpg

sorry for the blurry pic, still haven't bought a new camera lens yet. I better get on that.

Re: an ALL ORIGINAL Spaceliner!

CAPTAIN SPACELINER strikes again! :mrgreen: That's beautiful. Is that the nicest one in your collection? If not, you must have some collection.

That bike DESERVES a better picture! :shock:

Nice piece..

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

ej599 said:
CAPTAIN SPACELINER strikes again! :mrgreen: That's beautiful. Is that the nicest one in your collection? If not, you must have some collection.

I can't play favorites, they are all special and unique in their own way. But this one is the only one that is fully intact and at this point fully functional (been messing around customizing some of my older ones).

rat royale said:
That bike DESERVES a better picture! :shock:

I actually finally ordered a new camera lens, soon I shall have nicer pics of my Spaceliners for viewing.

I commuted to work today on my new Spaceliner, and it was a lot of fun, despite the hills and the lack of gearing (my legs are hurtin!). I took my little point and shoot along to document the adventure.

My first stop was the post office:
2535186273_611437ac12.jpg

I have the 24x1.75 rim from my Spaceliner muscle bike to be laced with a S/A S3C hub at the LBS (decided to let the pros handle it).

Outside Renaissance Cyclery:
2536001122_e50ab0ca7a.jpg

A nice little LBS, I originally came here because they always have a vintage pennyfarthing parked out front. I took a picture of the pennyfarthing but I must have turned the camera off before it saved.

Parked outside my building at work:
2536001816_745129a073.jpg

After my shift, time to activate the Down Low Glow:
2536003482_52f715b4f8.jpg

2536004684_e050b58242.jpg

I got some cars slowing down to check me out on the ride home.

2536006166_edc554971e.jpg

Back at home. Rode about 10 Miles up and down hills on this today. This is the first time I had taken a single speed to work out here, not sure how often I will do it, but every once in a while...

yeah...thats one thing i dont like seeing is bikes just sitting(hmmm.........think its time to get ol gramps out for spin) besides theres nothing better than seeing peoples faces when you ride by :mrgreen:

Nice score indeed. And I have to say you are very lucky I missed that auction because I live in NH myself and would have bid on it too. :p :D

i never get tired of lookin at that bike .... maybe i should get a tattoo...if only they could chrome it :roll: :mrgreen:

Nice ride...gotta love the fact you actually ride it to work :!: :!: :!:

Back