An affordable chroming service!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I googled chroming and basically emailed all of them to see of they'd do bike parts and if they did how much. So got a reply and found out that "The Chrome Shop" a
Has very cheap prices. Here are their quotes:
Pricing for bicycle parts.

Handle bars standard $45
Handle bars sting ray $60 (I guess he meant apes)
Stem $20
Crank $25
Sprocket $30
Fenders $40-$100
Rims $40-$60
Seat post $20
Hubs $20
Nuts and Bolts $3

So if you want to contact someone for bike parts that man's name is Doug. Doug Matheson. Here's his email address
[email protected]

I will say that I haven't actually sent any parts out for chrome so I don't know the quality. But I've seen pictures on their web page and it looks pretty good. Here's the web page.
http://www.thechromeshop.com/index.html

Well I hope I helped some people that aren't sure about re-chroming their parts because of price.

Update!!! Here's what he told me about what the price includes.

"The price given includes stripping old coating polishing and buffing, copper plating, copper buffing and nickel chrome plating, any
repairs needed (welding,brazing) would be an extra charge $60/hour. Return shipping is not included, we use UPS for shipping in USA and USPS/DHL for
shipping to other countries. When your job is complete you will be contacted at this time you can pay by credit card."

Hope this helped you

Very nice. One big question mark though is if that price includes stripping the previous chrome and prepping the metal? This is generally the biggest cost in chroming as it's the most labor intensive part.

Looking around the website suggests that it is included in the price, hence the variable price ranges.

Jpromo said:
Very nice. One big question mark though is if that price includes stripping the previous chrome and prepping the metal? This is generally the biggest cost in chroming as it's the most labor intensive part.

Looking around the website suggests that it is included in the price, hence the variable price ranges.

I'm sure that its included. I will talk to them more over the next few days about how they ship, how to pay, if stripping and preping is included. Then I will keep everyone updated and let them know. But you can't beat those prices!

As long as its real triple chrome and not flash chrome. Nothing worse than having your fresh chrome peel off. Ask questions before you commit.

Dorian said:
As long as its real triple chrome and not flash chrome. Nothing worse than having your fresh chrome peel off. Ask questions before you commit.
I'll find out

Got what the price includes

He said he does triple chroming

Danimal said:
Has anybody used this place yet? Results?

I haven't used it yet...I need some cash lol

I'm not sure about a whole frame but yes they do copper and Nickle plating

arpicker said:
How bout a tank? Like for an X-53

You'll have to email him about that. Maybe send him some dimensions and pictures. That's probably a specialty piece

Frames cost a ton. Don't know bout him but my Roth was nickel plated by the shop in Lodi ca. I don't recommend them at all. I had to make the frame perfect no pits) and they still jacked the original quote of 250 to 300 to about 700. Oh and when I pressed the headset cups in the nickel cracked

karfer67 said:
Frames cost a ton. Don't know bout him but my Roth was nickel plated by the shop in Lodi ca. I don't recommend them at all. I had to make the frame perfect no pits) and they still jacked the original quote of 250 to 300 to about 700. Oh and when I pressed the headset cups in the nickel cracked

I was expecting chrome plate the frame being expensive but $700 plus get it prefect yourself. Yikes!! I better start picking color to paint my frame instead. I'm wondering if black nickel plating will be cheaper.

Back