AMF Voyager, board tracker inspired.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 2 years ago, this bike breathed new life after years of sitting outside. It has survived 2 Chicago winters and still is a pleasure to ride. I've managed to only sheer the small screw that attached the brake arm to the drop outs as of yet, but got that replaced. These are early 60's S-7 wheels that spin for ever and fit tightly in this frame originally for 1-3/8's. It can keep up with my fixed gear friends and it does pretty awesome coaster brake skids. 8)

This was shot 2 weeks ago by my friend Josh who is a photography student. He shot a few other friends bikes, and it was a pleasure to have him shoot mine. I just thought I'd share.
Brandons_Voyager.jpg

Yeah but can you pop a wheelie?? Just kidding the bike looks good and the pic is super quality. Nice to have connections. :mrgreen:

that is a beautiful bike! im totally jealous! :mrgreen: whats up with those drop-outs though?? :|

Sleek riding AMF nice! Is that the original gold finish or repaint, also was the Voyager a multi-speed bike? Here is one of my next builds, it's an AMF Courier 3
RRBBB006-1.jpg

What color is this bike? At first I thought it was painted gold, after comparing it to the shot I put up of my AMF, is yours metalic pea green :? Like the look 8)

Yup, metallic pea green is pretty accurate. This shows it a litle brighter with the studio lighting but it's got a nice subtle metallic finish, mixed with a little rust here and there :)

The AMF factory here in Illinois is still in the town of Olney "Home of the white squirrels" I live in the region. Amf's & Roadmasters abound every yard sale has at least one :!:

slick looking bike. about four year ago, i had this girl's cruiser bike that had these crazy rear drop outs like your has, but it was a western flyer. i will never forget those big rear dropouts, so big that they hid the brake arm when i screwed it in. unfortunatly, in a moment of complaicency the bike left my possesion. wish i had it back, cuz the frame was pretty cool.

i love the green color of your amf. yours looks to be mid to late 60's, and i dig the fastback look. got a bike that i am eventually going to incorperate that look to. :D

Reminds me of a color of Testors model spray paint from the 60's, metallic... ( I can't remember). Looks better on a bike.

testors_logo.jpg

That's such a bummer you lost your bike. :( and yes I can hide the brake arm in the drop outs. Makes people a little confused at first :)

I have one of these amf roadmaster voyagers as a barn find -complete for restoration if anyone is interested---no banana seat all original down to the tires i believe[img.205
]

Back