AMF Conqueror.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been looking at this bike off and on at my local bike shop and today decided to buy it (it was only $50 and I had $20 in store credit). I have never heard of this bike before but I liked it because it looks British. :)
Still not sure if it is British. Anyone know anything about this bike by chance? It does have a sticker on it that says made in India but it has a sturmey archer hub and all the designs of a british bike...confusing. lol
Anyhow here it is:
DSCF5100.jpg

DSCF5102.jpg

DSCF5103.jpg

DSCF5104.jpg

DSCF5105.jpg

DSCF5106.jpg

Orginal seat:
DSCF5107.jpg

Beautiful bike. I love old three speeds. Clean it up and be proud of it. :D

This bike is really confusing me. lol
It has the signs of a british bike but has Indian pieces all over it. A sticker on the frame says made in India, the handlebars are stamped made in india, the tread on the back tire is made by Dunlop and says made in India and the front tread tire reads Schwinn Spitfire. lol
It has british looking fenders but they are cheaply painted (not owner painted). Has a sturmey archer back hub, though the front hub thing says made in india. But also sturmey archer rims that do say made in England. And the chainring looks exactly like the one on my british Phillips bike.
This bike just keeps messing with me. :)

It probably is Indian then. Beats me why AMF would get bikes from India when they were already importing bikes from Hercules in England. What year is on the hub?

TI had a factory in India, I'm sure you know, they're still making Hercules bicycles today. It's likely this bike is from that factory.

Back