amaes' BeerRunner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this bike up last monday the 7th and have been working on it a few days this week.

The original bike was a Huffy Panama Jack bike. And being that Its lame having something that everyone else has or can buy I thought I'd make it my own. The name BeerRunner came from the fact I will most likely just be riding this up to the few local bars around my house and I own a Prerunner (a desert racing truck used to pre-run the race course). There will be Bottle caps placed within the wood on a few of the parts. This is my first build and the only bike i own since I'm new to this whole bike hobby.

Day 1 Stock:

All of the "wood" parts on it are plastic

CIMG1287.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1288.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1289.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1290.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1291.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1292.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1293.jpg

<br/><br/>

Day 2 Breakdown:

CIMG1295.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1296.jpg

<br/><br/>

Day 3 Buy new real wood and trace old parts:

197481_1847702443199_1559841819_1955276_8161674_n.jpg
<br/><br/>
197953_1847700803158_1559841819_1955271_1779199_n.jpg

<br/><br/>

Day 4 Rough cut the parts with a jig saw then shape them with a sander then Stain. Also i picked up a Light at a swap meet:

194902_1852732648951_1559841819_1961573_643808_o.jpg

CIMG1300.jpg

<br/><br/>
CIMG1306.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1305.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1304.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1303.jpg
<br/><br/>
CIMG1302.jpg

<br/><br/>

Stay tuned for more updates

Thank you man. I know it isn't much but I have to say this is the first project I have done completely by myself and I can honestly say that I'm proud of.

Here are some update pictures I took yesterday.

CIMG1319.jpg

CIMG1318.jpg

CIMG1315.jpg

CIMG1316.jpg

CIMG1313.jpg

CIMG1321.jpg

Thanks,

No the "wood" that comes on it is plastic. I will say it does look like wood until you start taking it off then you can tell it is not. I actually tried to flush-mount the caps. That was the idea from the start but every time I would get like 3 or 4 holes drilled the wood would split. Happened 3 times. First I used a wood bore bit and then I tired a hole-saw. I might try it again with a different wood maybe a see if that helps. The one thing that it nice about them being raised is from the side is that you can tell is a cap from a far. The flush mount does look pretty cool though once you pop the cap in the hole.

If anyone wants to flush mount a bottle cap the wood-bore size and hole-saw size is 1 1/8"

OH YEAH! Great looking machine now! So much better!

I'd mount the cup(beer :roll: ) holder perhaps on the seat tube if it wouldn't interfear with peddling, or somewhere off the handlebars. Personally, I think drink holders on handlebars look a little dwonky, and it would be cool to see someone mount one somewhere else creative. Maybe on the other side of your forks opposite the bottle opener?

I like those ideas I'll have to move stuff around and see how it works.

I had this idea for a light but not really sure how to go about doing it. I think it would be cool to break a bottle right after were the neck goes to its widest point and then fit everything into it. Maybe a reflector from a maglite would fit or some other flashlight then feed the wires out the back where you drink out of. I already have a bullet light I found at a swap meet but I'm trying to think of something more unique.

Ive 'broke' bottles this way before using a pipe cutter :!: I've made them into drinking glasses, and it works pretty well. It takes some patience, and you'll probably want to practice a few times to be sure. I've made a good deep-ish score in the bottle, then just tapped with the ball side of a ball-peen hammer lightly around and around the circle on the neck side. It should eventually seperate. A warning tho is to wear heavy work gloves when doing this because sometimes the neck kind of shatters and its not fun getting glass shards in your hands.

Good luck man!

Figured I'd update this.

Added Cork Grips with bottle cap end caps
Bottle cap valve caps
Made a headlight with a Beer Tasting can I got at a festival
Converted the rear reflector to a LED tail light
Took off the cup holder
Added a Little License plate (Gotta support the team) lol

CIMG1330.jpg

CIMG1331.jpg

CIMG1332.jpg

CIMG1333.jpg