Aluminum Wheel Cleaning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a set of aluminum Cepek DC-1's on my Suburban that were originally polished. I have neglected for quite sometime now and they are just this brownish grey color. Does anyone have a really good way to remove the brakedust and gunk that gets all over them.

Thanks, Ricky

Only one way. Go to walMart and in the automotive section look for a small round white and red cup of stuff called Mothers mag and wheel polish. Really works. You can put it on a small polishing wheel on a drill or use it on a rag

What i need is pictures of this so called suburban

This is it when the wheels were still shiny... It's not perfect but it's paid for and fun to drive.
DSCF9437.jpg

It's actually a 1991, the last year of the bodystyle, but it's pretty much the same as an 89', I'm pretty sure that in 87' or 88' they went to fuel injected 350 that went in the GM trucks, Burbs and Blazers until 96' when they went to the Vortec 350. It only has 104K miles on it.

That's sweet. It's the same as mine basically. I've got a K&N air filter and it actually gave me 1mpg when I first got it. I also have a stock exhaust to a 3" high flow cat to a 3" single in to a 3" single out Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler (not glasspack) that is about 12" long overall. It has a little rumble to it and sounds good at high rpms. Then it's also lifted with 35" BFG's. Plus you can take out the third seat and fold down the middle seats and haul a bunch of junk.

Back