almost perfect condition chrome bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN1311.jpg

This bike is branded an AMF "Westpoint" It is in remarkable condition, the decal on
the seat tube says "Little Rock, Arkansas" so it seems as if it would be at least from
before 1961. Anybody???

Gorgeous bike. AMF Roadmaster moved from Arkansas to Illonois in 62, so it is before then, the seatpost has a clamp, I believe the late 50's didn't have that, they had a seatpost that tightened like a handlebar post. The sprocket looks like their later version, so I'd guess 60-62. There may be batteries in the tank that may shed some light on the year also. If you're lucky enough to find a roll of cash in there, check the dates on the bills.

Inside of the tank held no cash, but it looks like brand spankin' new inside of it. Maybe the best original bike I've ever owned?

I remember those bikes from when I was a kid. The stitching on the silver trim on the seats always gave out quickly. It's possible there never were batteries in there, so the headlights are probably good also. Does it have a horn in the tank?

I shoulda said I found two big rolls of hundies...... No luck, but the tank has never had any batteries ever, brand new. I would really like to know the histories of some of these machines, how someone took such good care of something for almost 50 years!! My body should be so lucky.

Back