***ALMOST FINNISHED ELGIN BUILD***(FINISHED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: started the bare metal elgin build yesterday

Just in first stages so its gonne be alotof befor pics...and my first bike im doing...have collect alot of em but this is the first im realy putting time into...hopefully you guys will like it as much as i hope i do lol

Re: started the bare metal elgin build yesterday

Sorry guys for no pic im gonna work on it tomorrow and get alot done...work has been busy

Re: started the bare metal elgin build yesterday PICS*

got some pics and a little progress! here is the elgin i started with..

2.jpg

the donor bike for the head badge and beehive springer im gonna use...springer went to sand blast today!

1.jpg

striped the tank and the frame...used chemical strip and steel wool for desired patina look...wanted to leave some of the old paint and exposed rust!! i clear coated with rust enamel when i was done with patina...

3.jpg

4.jpg

using the same seat

5.jpg

6.jpg

striped tank parts waiting for final touch...pics of that soon..

7.jpg

frame done!

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

next im gonna strip the wheels, re build hubs, sand blast rims, new spokes, ordered tires, handlebars and neck at sand blast, tank decal on its way, debating on fenders, still searching for head light to use! updated pics soon!!!

Love the patina idea!!! Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store...

Well the fenders on it are real bad...im either gonna run witout or get some monark fenders off ratina and strip em..then paint a little red and strip again to match frame...but i think im ging more tward fenderless....who knows.

I hear that!! Im thinking about another for build off...hopefully go from this one right to that!!

i know i havent posted much but i got a little progress...i have a bit more done but im gonna wait till its together for final photos!!!

higgins.jpg

very nice man :D love the tank decal to!

Re: started the bare metal elgin build yesterday (NEW PICS))

i got the forks done and had to chop and re weld steering tube it was too long...but i sandblasted the bars and got them together with the forks...got the new grips today! (witch are too clean for me) and this is where im at...tomorrow the tires should be here from chimichanga and the wheel set goes together and im near done with my first build...im working on one more also then im waiting on parts for the build off bike..this has been a fun first ive learned a lot..and i hope to get a lot better!

elgin1.jpg

elgin5.jpg

elgin3.jpg

elgin2.jpg

elgin4.jpg

please feel free to give me feed back negitive or positive..i always like to know where i can improve!!!

Re: started the bare metal elgin build yesterday (NEW PICS)

I like it alot! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back