All Terrain Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a redux of one of my favorite framesets, it's a converted Huffy mountain bike. Kind of a mish mash of BMX, Klunker and beach cruiser all into one. I really like the frame on this one and it has been quite a few other builds, I think I like this one the best, rides great. I put a super heavy duty set of double wall Weinneman wheels, around 40mm wide with big ole thick spokes, 11 or 12 Ga, Kenda gum walls with a Profile inverted stem and Renthal Raptor bend atv bars with the center brace removed. I also put a 165mm sealed bearing Haro Fusion crankset with a Sakae BMX chainring on it, running 44/16 on it, bike is fast and super comfortable to ride. Here's a couple of pics.

Thanks, can't wait till fall gets here, gonna be some good riding!! : )

Thanks fellas

Wow this looks real good. Quite cool to see mountain bikes on here. Did you try it offroad?

Wow this looks real good. Quite cool to see mountain bikes on here. Did you try it offroad?
Thanks, nah haven't had a chance to take er offroad yet, I have a pretty cool trail here in town that's mostly flat single track i'm gonna take it to when it cools down a little, been smoldering lately.

I'm really impressed with what you did with that Huffy. Is that the original fork? Stance looks great.... Nice choices on components, too...

I ride trails sometimes with those Kenda K53s.... they ain't real knobbies, but they ain't slicks, neither..... the actually hook up with some decenttraction!

The frame looks the same as my Huffy Timberwolf. I've only seen two Huffy models with the whishbone seat stay thus far. I can't remember the name of the other. Link to the thread I did recently about this survivor bike with lots of pics for anyone interested in late 80's and early 90's funk.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....s-huffy-warning-pic-heavey.85549/#post-841018

P1070585.JPG

Thanks guys, yeah that's the original fork, love these old 90's Huffy and Murray mountain bike frames, they make great single speed's. I try and keep an eye out on these when I on the hunt.

Back