All Springered Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to everybody,
This is to begining of a new project based on two frames we gave me.
A chinese cruiser frame (sorry, in france we only have that nationnality to cut)
mmp002-1.jpg

And a 16" Peugeot springered BMX one
mmp001-1.jpg

Here is the Mock up after the cuts
mmp003-1.jpg

And after the first step of welding under the rain
mmp005.jpg

To be continued... ;)

aw man, that sprung bmx frame would'a made a cool muscle bike conversion. too late!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
aw man, that sprung bmx frame would'a made a cool muscle bike conversion. too late!
I'm allready work on a muscle bike for my boy ;)
DRIVER14001.jpg

Here i am for now on the springered :
mmp006.jpg

bikepusher said:
man! that red bmx frame is just awesome!!!! too bad you cut it up.
We say the same think when we see Americans cuting their frame ;) We can find this kind of frame in France and this one was too small for me and to big for Harry. And you probably know what is it... When i recieve a new frame, I can't be quiet til I cut it 8)

Hey MAD MR!

I love what you've done with the bike, that is looking great. I have a question for you after looking at the latest update. The rear portion of the original, black, Chinese made frame- above the springered part- are the frame tubes behind the seat post tube open? I mean, are there no caps? Because If you'd like a pair of chrome 1960's frame caps to fill in those holes, I have a pair I could mail out to you? I'll never use them... They came out of the frame tubes of a 1960's Huffy Daisy-Daisy tandem. If you're interested, please pm me and I'll send you a picture.

This is looking very good. And the speed with which you get things done is amazing. I note you have lugs/posts for brakes on the springer fork. I've never seen that before. Did you add them?

Not to bad. For some reason it reminds me of those Next bikes from Wal-Mart though.

I wonder what will happen when you put brakes on that fork? Seems to me it would work against the springer.

About the Vbrakes system on the fork, I don't try it.
For this project, a another one offer me a good idea.
I think that I'll work on it again :
opt1bu5.jpg

->Unchained : Can you post pe pics of it, my English is not so good to all anderstand :? THX

Yes, no problem, I'll go take pictures now. I added the link below, sorry the picture is fuzzy, I couldn't get it to come out right.

Here is the picture link: http://i36.tinypic.com/34jf6ad.jpg You may not even have a use for these now because you changed the frame setup a little. If you have some frame bars which are cut and therefore open to the weather, you might want these. They're little compression fit, once chromed and now rusty, frame caps. The diameter is .5 inches. If you think these may be useful, let me know.

Thx, i all understood for now. You right, I don't even have a use of it bevause, i probably change the frame but thx you again ;)
You know that you have it and if i may have a use of it in another project, I'll MP you...
For the moment, I'm waiting for the sun to continue... It doesn't stop rainning on Paris :cry:

Back