All Florida Ratters!! ALL FLORIDA THREAD...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kngtmat said:
Not any time soon but I just want to know for any future references how much do you usually cost for painting if I supply the paint minus primer and for the paint you use?

Here's some normal price info for reference:

For "nice" paint jobs (some of my personal bikes are rattle can) we use PPG paint. To paint a frame basic colors: prep, base coat, clear coat, cut and buff normally costs $150. If we have to strip the frame back to bare metal it's $100-$150 more. Flake, candies, airbrush work, logos, pinstriping, leafing, etc. costs depend on the specifics. For example, the black bike above we painted for the bike shop was $300. The red bike had to be stripped to metal and was $500. These prices are for a frame with all parts removed. We normally charge $50-$100 to dissassemble/re-assemble. New parts can also be provided and installed if desired. We also do custom stickers, airbrush names/logos and pinstriping on existing paint jobs, which we normally charge $50-$75 for depending on what's wanted. We do custom helmet, motorcycle, and auto paint work too.

If you want to provide the paint that's fine. If you decide you want us to quote any work just let me know and we will work out the details.

Here's some other builds and paint work to check out:

XS65020120212015.jpg

XS65020120212010.jpg

XS65020120212008.jpg

ktmhelmet3.jpg

4202012029.jpg

4202012025.jpg

4202012039.jpg

4202012031.jpg

ducati2mar2011.png

If I had the money I would, Yeah I have one bike that needs painted which is my Christine bicycle that is sanded down to bare metal but needs to be sanded again & I have GM Spectra red from PPG with everything to mix it up that I paid $60 for it but I am worried about messing up painting my bike since I have never mixed paint or painted right before along with a can of Rust-oleum Metallic Speck & Dupli-Color Chrysler Bright white that I might not use for it.

Cool work, If I ever get into some good amount of money I might just give you a PM or something but for now I will just have to wait.

Update from me for all the Florida members of my 68 Stingray.
IMG_20120711_160618.jpg

IMG_20120711_160756.jpg

I couldn't find or afford an 80's Murray but this 1994 Free Spirit I got at a Church yard sale will do but it needs a better seat & post, an original replacement seat is still for sale at Sears Parts Direct along with the instruction book.
IMG_20120824_191152.jpg

I must of gotten it from the guy you sold it too.. but he bomed it blue.. i got in daytona area off of speed way blvd i want to say a lil south of the kripy cream right there on the corner.. cant remeber the name he sold it to me as a schwinn ended up being a CWC it did have the white paint under the blue when i got it i still have the torrington bars too and the rack in your pick the rear rack is intact no damages when i got it the rack had home made supports :cry: .. any other info on it ??
small world ah?
:mrgreen:
what you think of how it ended up?
Iv been kicking around the idea of changing it up but not sure...
Jay

Thats cool... no worries iv been wanting to go out that way and cruise with the fam but i was told my bars are too tall for Daytona.. i know the motorcycles have that restriction but bikes have it too? We need get a group together and ride some time.. like when the weather gets cooler... :lol: flagler beach or St. Augustine .. idk... i just like to ride me and the fam road half the south lake and half the west orange trail a few weeks back like 20 21 miles in total.. and i did it on the CWC...my arms were beat :lol:

I bet man but ive never heard of any restriction on bicycle bars.... But yah ice been wanting to get a monthly ride together and more local members involved

*386 Kustomz*

Latest posts

Back