BO15 All Downhill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.J. I want this one!
Aluminum_Brake_Booster.jpg

View attachment 121594
I've got these but they don't work very good. :giggle:

AA1BCC84-76D2-4A1D-8406-D917A29934CD.jpeg

Have these in my stash. I think I some purple skewers too! PM me if youre interested.

I remember someone using one of those way back in BO7 8 or 9 . I would love to find one of those.

That purple anodized brake booster is sweet! I had a similar one back in the day on my Fisher CR7.
If I still had it, it would have made it on this build from a couple RRB BO's ago....
Final photo 2 (2).jpg

I must have missed something, what happened to the 'Zokes bomber fork?

That purple anodized brake booster is sweet! I had a similar one back in the day on my Fisher CR7.
If I still had it, it would have made it on this build from a couple RRB BO's ago....
View attachment 122315

I must have missed something, what happened to the 'Zokes bomber fork?
Oh nothing O.J. just wanted to grab some parts and take quick mock up pic. That's a lot of purple! :)

Definitely the Renthal bars and Red Line stem combo. Those are the kind of upgrades guys would have made to make their mtb more 'downhill worthy' back in the late '80s early '90s.
MTB downhill horse farmer.JPG

An early saddle design from that era would really help seal the deal on this build. Let me look in my stash. Also, when it comes to show time, (final photo) run that seat post down lower as it would have been to get the rider's center of gravity low for drops, slalom like turns, etc.
That fork looks killer on there! Maybe a big ol' vinyl cut lettering on that down tube real estate... .....ALL DH...... in big block letters.
That gusset work you did really enhanced the frame design. :thumbsup:

Agreed on the Renthals. Not so much on the seatpost. Do a search for "retro MTB", most images you find, it's a high post. Any old schoolers other than me with bars lower than the seat?
lzCdbhiP_400x400.jpg

Agreed on the Renthals. Not so much on the seatpost. Do a search for "retro MTB", most images you find, it's a high post. Any old schoolers other than me with bars lower than the seat?
View attachment 122685
For normal riding, yes. But in slalom and DH races we ran ours down a bit. Easier to 'get off the back' and keep weight low and down. Stomach on the saddle. Unless you were John Tomac.

For normal riding, yes. But in slalom and DH races we ran ours down a bit. Easier to 'get off the back' and keep weight low and down. Stomach on the saddle. Unless you were John Tomac.

Same here. I ran my slalom bike with the saddle about an inch or two below the top of the stem. But I'm also 6'2" and racing a medium frame so I had room

I was a high-poster forever, until one day around 2002 on Haflin Canyon Trail near Durango. Sometimes now, I'll do a whole ride with the saddle down, but never slammed. The saddle control point on the inside of my thighs gets set the same for all of my MTBs on both the high and low sides. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks for all the comments. I was just playing around with the nitto bars for fun. And I'm sure that seat is not up to snuff, downhill - wise. :giggle:
:banana:O.J. whatcha got that fits the bill? Thinkin well used but functional would be fine. It's still a rat.

Found it. 1990ish Bontrager saddle; pre-Trek buy out. Yes, that Keith Bontrager, Santa Cruz, CA. All leather, used for about 2 yrs lightly, then stored since.
Nothing but the best for my Equestrian Agriculturalist from 'sconnie. ;)
20200527_132109.jpg
20200527_132146.jpg
20200527_132130.jpg

Latest posts

Back